14 replies to this topic

#11 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

There's a £15 front row stalls ticket just appeared.
www.frontrowdress.com

#12 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Can't believe with the amount of tickets still lef tthey didn't do discounts last week. I'd have gone for £15-20.

#13 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I really enjoyed this last night.

Overall I thought it was very good and deserves to have a bit of run in the WE or maybe a UK tour with a bit more money thrown at it to create a proper set. Obviously as it was a one off in the Jersey boys venue it was not worth spending loads of $$$ to built a set, but it was still done well with the minimal staging.

I did wonder if it would be half empty as it seemed tickets sales were slow in the run up, but in the stalls at least it looked like a near packed house in the end. Probably sold quite a few tickets on the day after they cut the prices.

My only slight downside was there seemed to be and a few mic problems. Quite often the first word or two sung by various cast members was quiet or lost, as if the mic was off for a second or two, before somebody pressed the on button on the mixing desk.

#14 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostDragononmyback, on 13 November 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I really enjoyed this last night.

Overall I thought it was very good and deserves to have a bit of run in the WE or maybe a UK tour with a bit more money thrown at it to create a proper set. Obviously as it was a one off in the Jersey boys venue it was not worth spending loads of $$$ to built a set, but it was still done well with the minimal staging.

I did wonder if it would be half empty as it seemed tickets sales were slow in the run up, but in the stalls at least it looked like a near packed house in the end. Probably sold quite a few tickets on the day after they cut the prices.

My only slight downside was there seemed to be and a few mic problems. Quite often the first word or two sung by various cast members was quiet or lost, as if the mic was off for a second or two, before somebody pressed the on button on the mixing desk.

Glad you enjoyed it. How was Matt intermixed with the West End names?

Re: The mic problems. Musicals are mixed line by line, as in their mic is only live when they have a line. This means the sound system sounds nicer, and can be a lot louder. But it does mean that lines do get cut when there hasn't been enough time to rehearse, or the sound no. 1 is having an off day. It often happens in busy sections where lots of mics have to go on and off in quick succession.

#15 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

A potentially great evening let down by a totally miscast lead actor who was so out of his depth it was untrue. Joe McElderry seems to be a lovely young bloke, but all the worst fears about his performance came true. http://www.frontrowd...-monday-12.html
www.frontrowdress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users