#561 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

View Postwickedgrin, on 07 March 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

I see loads of theatre but have not seen Once - it simply does not appeal to me at all! Hated the film. Plus it is almost never discounted at TKTS. No wonder it is not full. But then I suspect it is a cheap show to run and they are better off selling fewer tickets at full price - but I think it was something like £67.00 when I last saw the price at tickets - no chance!
Thursday matinees are much cheaper if you can make those?

#562 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

I see loads of theatre but have not seen Once - it simply does not appeal to me at all! Hated the film. Plus it is almost never discounted at TKTS. No wonder it is not full. But then I suspect it is a cheap show to run and they are better off selling fewer tickets at full price - but I think it was something like £67.00 when I last saw the price at tickets - no chance!

I saw the film and didn't like it but I love the stage version. I have seen it twice and going for a 3rd time in April to see the new cast.

#563 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

View Postpeggy sue, on 07 March 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

I saw the film and didn't like it but I love the stage version. I have seen it twice and going for a 3rd time in April to see the new cast.

Me too, I was distinctly under-awed by the film, and really didn't think I would like the show, but was persuaded to go and I really love it. Have been back since and would go again.

You can get much cheaper tickets than that if you try the Once website, or direct from the theatre. Although this may change if Arthur Darvill proves very popular...

#564 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

I hated the film, switched off after about 30mins.

If you can wait until the day buying a ticket on atg gets cheaper through the day, or rather the cheaper areas expand, don't know if this is just for atg cards but it was a tip I got here.

#565 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Day seats have generally been readily available at 25 pounds.  And the front row is excellent.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#566 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

....and turn up when the house opens and if you're in the stalls you may be able to go on stage as the cast do a sing-a-long before the show starts.
Which way did he go McGill?

#567 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Friends saw Arthur Darvill's first show on Saturday afternoon and liked his portrayal. I'm quite curious to see the new cast this Saturday. I adored the original cast and it will be strange to see so many new faces on stage. I'm positive they've found a great bunch of people that will bring something fresh and new to the show.

#568 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

I thought Arthur Darvill's first show was last night?

It was the first anniversary & a Charity Gala in aid of Oxfam's Mother appeal. A few celebs; we spotted the eclectic mix of Michael Ball, Mark Foster, Eliza Doolittle, Maryam D'arbo & Goldie, but I read later that quite a few others were there.

New cast were very good; although a few sound issues meant some bits of dialogue were inaudible & didn't quite get the laughs they usually do. Arthur was quite different to Declan, he played it even more weedy & insecure, and was not quite as perfect vocally (although I quite liked that) - and he needs to work on the mumbling when speaking! I like both interpretations of the character.

I didn't think the Guy's father or the Girl's mother characters matched the previous actors', but enjoyed the rest of the new cast, especially Tim Prottey Jones as Billy.

Interesting to see new takes on the show, I felt that overall the emphasis was more on The Girl as Arthur plays so low key, but as I love Zrinka that's fine with me.

#569 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

View Postfreckles, on 18 March 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I thought Arthur Darvill's first show was last night?

He did the matinee on Saturday but they didn't announce it. I'm guessing he wanted a "quiet" first performance to settle in before the gala night yesterday.

#570 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

I've put together videos and photos from the Once Social Media Call in case anyone wants to take a look at the new cast.

http://confessionsof...9th-march-2014/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users