604 replies to this topic

#101 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up, just got great stall seats! Saves me queuing on a Saturday for day tickets in (what was going to be) the near future. I saw Mormon on Friday - as great as it was, it's this show I've been looking forward to the most.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#102 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Posthotshot, on 17 March 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

For anyone interested (and free this coming Monday evening 18/3) - they've reduced some top price seats for this 2nd preview from 49.50 to 19.50 !

Not surprising though, theres plenty of seats still up for sale for this 2nd preview
amazing .. thank you for this - got a ticket :-)

#103 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I know a couple of people who went last night and they absolutely loved the show.  It's not really going to be my thing (based on the music), but I'm interested to see how this does and whether it'll be the hit it is in New York.

#104 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for highlighting the offer, hotshot - I've grabbed a ticket as well.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#105 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I saw this last night and it is beautiful. It's quite unlike anything else in the west end at the moment.
For me it was better than the film. It is very understated so I'm not sure how it played in the gods, it perhaps might be better in a more intimate setting, but I was in the stalls and was engrossed.
Zrinka Cvitesic was funny and enchanting as 'girl' and Declan Bennett as 'guy' has the most amazing voice, though he seemed a bit nervous and I don't know if that was all part of the character, if it was it felt a bit forced. Will go back later in the run and see how he is settling in to the role, but he was great nonetheless.
The response at the end was amazing, the cast seemed a bit overwhelmed! The crowd (lot of Irish and Czech) were very enthusiastic and loving.
Part of the set on stage is a bar, which audience members can go and get a drink from before the show and during the interval which I thought was a nice touch.
I thought it was funny, sensitive and a high quality production, I really hope it does well, it will be interesting to see how it fares as there are no 'big' names, and the film wasn't a big commercial hit, but if you get the chance I recommend you check it out.

#106 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

I saw this in New York last night and thought it was a masterpiece, one of the most beautiful shows I've seen in a long time.  And the cast were outstanding.  I'll be interested to see how London compares, I really hope it's a hit as I can't get there until summer, and it really does deserve to do well, it's a proper musical, not like some of the rubbish that's opened fairly recently...

#107 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Oh, why can we not all just praise a show that deserves to be praised without slagging others off?

#108 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

So im planning on seeing this in April... Is it worth it? I dont know much about the show and just wanna know if it is worth the money :)

#109 AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Are there definitely Day Seats on for this? Can't see anything on the official website, but if so, I think I'll hold out and try for them on the day.

#110 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Brilliant, just brilliant. You wouldn't think they were in previews or that it was only the second! Cast are just perfect, and you can't help but fall in love with the Guy and Girl. I'd have liked a little more character development and known a bit more about their backstory, but that's just a preference.

Really enthusiastic ovation at curtain call (well, if you can call it that without a curtain!) - the guy in front of me was even wiping tears away!

It might not be the 'event' Mormon is, but it deserves to be seen. I do wonder how long it can hold audience interest in the long run, but it really deserves to.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users