604 replies to this topic

#131 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Off by the terrible seats 'left' I didn't bother ..

#132 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Try searching for tickets one day before. I got mine yesterday for today's show at £19.50 and the view was great (bar the imposed 'restricted' view by this tall man in front of me).

#133 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

The marketing seems to have ramped up, I've seen a number of posters on bus stop but it paled compared to Mormons marketing.

#134 Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postluce76, on 20 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Does anyone have the info on whether there are days seats available? As the earlier poster said, there is no info on the website.
I turned up yesterday at 6pm as the Box office opened and was first in the queue- got £25 seats in the dress circle K- last row-  but view was fine. Loads of empty seats in dress circle.  I got so absorbed in it I could have been in the stalls. The ticket booths earlier in Leicester Square that I passed by said they could only sell me their allocation of full price premium seats and suggested going to the theatre itself.

#135 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

There's probably one Once poster for every five? BoM poster. And the result of the marketing really shows: most people know that BoM is running, but very few seem to know the same for Once. Which is a shame, because the show and the cast certainly deserves better.

#136 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I should think the colour of the posters and the title of "Book of Mormon" mean that people see them more readily.  "Once" just looks like a bad poster for Guinness.  Most people queueing for ticket would much rather see a comedy musical from people with a proven track record than a "romantic" love story which seems to be set in a pub whilst people play musical instruments. "Once" will appeal to people who regularly see shows and are happy to try something new... but for the main bulk of the theatre going public, I think BoM and Wonka will be the real draws this year.

#137 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostSeriously, on 21 March 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

I should think the colour of the posters and the title of "Book of Mormon" mean that people see them more readily.  "Once" just looks like a bad poster for Guinness.  Most people queueing for ticket would much rather see a comedy musical from people with a proven track record than a "romantic" love story which seems to be set in a pub whilst people play musical instruments. "Once" will appeal to people who regularly see shows and are happy to try something new... but for the main bulk of the theatre going public, I think BoM and Wonka will be the real draws this year.

Charlie has already started advertising and its not open until May, the logo for the show is simple but effective. Book of Mormon has managed to create buzz with the £20 first preview, the Mormon are coming plus various specials and interviews,

#138 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Marketing is much more than just posters, mormon has done a great campaign plus mormon has a 'name' to use.

Will once be eligible for oliviers? If so i think it stands a chance of beating mormon which might help its chances

#139 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

I saw this on Broadway last year and when it won all its awards, I thought it was totally deserved..

However, last night in London was like watching a totally different show. I know it's only the first week in the West End, but I felt that after the Dublin run it should have been further along.

Perhaps the cast need longer to gel, but there was something missing for me. Some accents were all over the place, the pacing seemed off with some scenes feeling very stilted and there was some quite hammy acting from some of the supporting roles.

However, I thought the singing was great and they're all very talented musicians. Jos Slovick deserves a special mention - a lovely actor with a great voice. He suited his role perfectly.

It could also do with being a little louder - from row H in the stalls I thought it was quite quiet.

I do hope everything gets ironed out. I will definitely go an see it again, but I think it has a long way to go before opening night!

#140 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Is jos slovick the guy from soho cinders?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users