Jump to content


* * * * * 2 votes

Once London


  • Please log in to reply
587 replies to this topic

#141 hotshot

hotshot

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostTitan, on 21 March 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Is jos slovick the guy from soho cinders?

Yes.

Also have just been contacted asking me about my experiences at Once...did anyone else get this as well? I fed back comments on the sound and marketing aspects .

#142 Titan

Titan

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Oh damn i thought he was pretty bad in Soho Cinders, is his role a big one?

#143 hotshot

hotshot

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostTitan, on 21 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Oh damn i thought he was pretty bad in Soho Cinders, is his role a big one?

A supporting role but i thought he was great in his role as Andre. Give him another chance? ;)

#144 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Watched the film last night and wasn't especially taken with it. The music all sounded very samey. I would imagine it probably works better on stage "live" but after struggling to sit through the film this show isn't on my "to do" list I'm afraid. My guess it the show will stuggle in the WE. A show for the girls I think.

#145 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I too struggled to sit through the film, in fact as I watched it the other day I found it incredible boring but loved the show!

#146 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostMothers Younger Brother, on 21 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I too struggled to sit through the film, in fact as I watched it the other day I found it incredible boring but loved the show!

Yes, I suspect the show is better than the film but don't want to take the risk of being bored in the theatre. Cash is finite and there are so many other things to see. I suspect a lot of others will not be prepared to take the risk at WE prices either unless the show gets RAVE reviews.

#147 theatrically

theatrically

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I saw the show last night and really enjoyed the music and the staging made it feel intimate as if you were in a pub the whole time.I just wish they had given a hint to turn up early. I would love to have gone up to the bar but arriving at 7.15 was too late.

#148 MS1995

MS1995

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I saw a poster for this for the first time today whilst driving! I'm wondering if they are going to go into publicity mode when it gets reviews as if they expect rave reviews they may try and ride on that wave?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#149 armadillo

armadillo

    Advanced Member

  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

View Posttheatrically, on 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

I saw the show last night and really enjoyed the music and the staging made it feel intimate as if you were in a pub the whole time.I just wish they had given a hint to turn up early. I would love to have gone up to the bar but arriving at 7.15 was too late.
  See, that would just make me think how much I'd rather be in a pub :lol:

#150 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 21 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Watched the film last night and wasn't especially taken with it. The music all sounded very samey. I would imagine it probably works better on stage "live" but after struggling to sit through the film this show isn't on my "to do" list I'm afraid. My guess it the show will stuggle in the WE. A show for the girls I think.

A show for the girls? Meaning?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users