594 replies to this topic

#201 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

I posted a brief review for Once the musical on here a few weeks ago and have finally gotten around to finishing my full write-up if anyone's interested:

http://pagetostagere...eview-once.html

Short version: I enjoyed it a lot, 4 stars ;)

#202 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and I'd been really looking forward to it.
Needless to say it did not disappoint!
I loved how understated everything was and the music was absolutely beautiful!
My only regret was not getting seats in the stalls so as to get up on stage to the bar at the beginning/interval, but regardless, it's a fun idea and having the cast perform as the audience takes their seats is a real treat!
fantastic show!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#203 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Do you have to have a seat in the stalls to get onstage?

When I saw it in New York I was sitting about 5 rows from the back of the Mezzanine but ran downstairs and joined the queue to get on and managed to do so - also had the bonus of getting on near the end of the set so they stopped letting people on and I got to stand with a great view for the last couple of the songs!  The stage managers then allowed enough time for people to get back upstairs before starting the show proper. I assumed the same would be the case in London, but if it's not then I'll be sitting in the stalls when I see this again!

#204 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I haven't heard anything about them restricting it to Stalls seats only, perhaps the previous poster was referring to having to go back and down to access the stage which they decided against.

#205 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I'm sure we could've gone back down but we were on the front row of the Upper Circle so it meant going back outside onto the street and it was freezing! (I'm a wimp!)
But from the front row of the UC we had a fantastic view of the pre-show entertainment!

My twitter account:
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#206 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

By the way, does anyone know who the standby/understudy for Guy is?
Can't find any info anywhere, every other character's understudy was listed in my programme except for Guy??

My twitter account:
Follow me if you want x

#207 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostJaszyR91, on 13 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

By the way, does anyone know who the standby/understudy for Guy is?
Can't find any info anywhere, every other character's understudy was listed in my programme except for Guy??

Stuart Ward, they've tweeted/facebooked about him, so not sure why he's not listed online or in the programme

#208 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

thanks!

My twitter account:
Follow me if you want x

#209 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Saw this last night with my sister as part of the WhatsOnStage outing. Simply beautiful. Knowing i was going I saw the movie a few weeks ago and reading this thread I was getting excited, especially by the comments of the view over Dublin and alas, it's the kind of thing you really can't envision on stage to you see it and when it come to that part of the show it doesn't disappoint. So simple, yet so effective- so beautiful.
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#210 AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I also saw this last night :) Got a dayseat, started queuing at 8:45 and was first in line, four people by the time box office opened. Highly recommend these seats, stage is not too high and to have that intimacy with all the actor-musicians is incredible.

Utterly blown away, it's a theatrical experience like no other. I was in love with the soothingness of the cast recording before walking in, but to hear all these songs brought to life on stage with this cast - honestly such a magical, heartfelt feeling. Just a breathtaking and mesmirising show, I think it's wonderful this has been brought over to London and I hope it does well in the long-term, nothing else quite like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users