604 replies to this topic

#241 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Has anyone day seated for this? what time have you arrived?

planning to go again and need to day seat

#242 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I day seated on a Saturday during previews. When the box office opened at 10am there were 5 of us in total. So basically no proper queue at all. No idea if that has changed since opening night though.

#243 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I went yesterday (Monday night), got there at about 1pm and missed the dayseats but the guy on the box office gave me C9 (great seat) for 25 quid. Really enjoyed it, it's been a while since I've engaged with a show so emotionally so it was nice to have a fix of the theatre buzz that we all seem to search for. Wasn't very full although it was Monday but I do hope sales pick up as it deserves a long run and I'd hate it to be another Spring Awakening

#244 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I saw it last Tuesday evening. Arrived at the Box Office at 1pm at got 2 day seats.

#245 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

One more point about this show: when I saw it last week, the audience were one of the best audiences I've been sat in. Pretty much silent all the way through and listening intently. Well responsive too, which was good for the actors. The only line which fell flat was the (Possible spoiler)...

...(possible spoiler)...bankers joke about liking penises.

#246 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Just saw that Arthur Darvil,(Doctor Who, Broadchurch) has joined the Broadway cast, anyone seen it in NY?
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2014 Theatre: Another Country, Protest Song, Medea, Ballyturk, Once, Miss Saigon, The Pass, Birdland, Skylight, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Commitments, Memphis, Phantom, Coriolanus, Good People, A View From The Bridge, All My Sons, Blithe Spirit, The Crucible, Richard III, Water Babies

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!, A View From The Bridge

#247 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostJoshClark, on 23 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Just saw that Arthur Darvil,(Doctor Who, Broadchurch) has joined the Broadway cast, anyone seen it in NY?

I saw it in NY, but before Darvill joined.  I saw the standby, Ben Hope (was after Steve Kazee went off sick, I was gutted to miss him!) and he was great.  I think it's a bit of a shame he's been dropped back to standby, they made it seem like he was taking over permanently.  But maybe he'll do the tour.

Broadwayworld forums have some people who've seen the show with Darvill in it, there's a whole thread about it over there!

#248 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Thanks all for your day seat experiences! I'll aim to be there around 9am..!

#249 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Oooo I'm wondering whether to day seat now. I wont be able to get to the theatre until 1145 (trains) and it would be for the matinee on a Thu, only thing that worries me is if I dont get a seat I'm hanging around all day for the evening show I've got booked. Are all the day seats £25?

#250 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think you'll get a 25 quid ticket even if all the dayseats are gone, they gave me one and said they can use discretion when there's good availability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users