#251 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 24 April 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Oooo I'm wondering whether to day seat now. I wont be able to get to the theatre until 1145 (trains) and it would be for the matinee on a Thu, only thing that worries me is if I dont get a seat I'm hanging around all day for the evening show I've got booked. Are all the day seats £25?

Yes but there may be 20 pound ones if there is very quiet..looking at the availability for tomorrows matinee (Thu), it looks empty. I think you'll be o.k !

#252 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ooo thanks for the info, it's not this Thu but it gives an indication of Thu avilability. Looking better than paying full whack

#253 Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

If you went last night and were wondering why Declan wasnt there- he was with us at the Hackney Empire duetting Falling Slowly with Idina Menzel .

#254 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

How was Stuart? Heard it was 3 curtain calls..so must be good?

#255 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

Craftymiss - you should have no problem getting a "day ticket" for this as the show is not selling, but I would not leave it too long before you see it as I cannot seeing it having a long run. In the remote possibility there are no cheap tickets for this - there are plenty of other shows in the WE that do a Thurs matinee.

#256 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

wonder why they arent putting offers out?

#257 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostTitan, on 25 April 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

wonder why they arent putting offers out?

prob because they think it will pick up? also the production costs compared to most shows in the west end would be low.*Spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet*  - I mean its a musical that doesn't have an orchestra as the actors are the musos? One set. Limited costume changes, small cast comparatively..

Lets put it this way, its selling better than Loserville and Loserville was a lot more "fancy". I think its a shame they aren't eligible for the Oliviers this year as it would help them but the production company really does need to sort its marketing/pr spend out !

#258 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yes, just because it's not selling out doesn't mean it's not making enough to keep going for now, it's probably got some of the lowest production costs of any musical currently running!

I think it'll be a travesty if it doesn't last though, I thought West End audiences appreciated simple, different shows that showed real talent and weren't just flashy, shallow nonsense, but how this is selling out on Broadway and can't find an audience here is beyond me.  It's really sad.

#259 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thats my point, it must be selling well enough to pay the bills.  It was a stupid time to open though really. Mormon followed by Charlie taking all the buzz and column inches, no chance of any awards buzz.  They should have waited until the end of the year

#260 CAA

CAA

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I went yesterday Upper Circle was closed and was given a very good seat in the circle.  Is this happening at most performances?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users