#261 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostCAA, on 25 April 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

I went yesterday Upper Circle was closed and was given a very good seat in the circle.  Is this happening at most performances?

i wouldn't be surprised if this was the case....maybe they need to reduce the prices until they win Oliviers. Or fire their marketing/PR company and ramp up their spend.

I wonder whether it was this slow initially on Broadway?

#262 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

I was out tonight with a bunch of 20-35 non theatre friends who are all obsessed with the idea of getting BOM tickets, I mentioned they would love Once and they had never heard of it. The PR needs to do something because the few posters on the tubes and buses just look like another movie, they need to do TV appearances and more press or it will close soon.

#263 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

I should clarify 20-35 year olds not just a large group lol

#264 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostTitan, on 25 April 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thats my point, it must be selling well enough to pay the bills.  It was a stupid time to open though really. Mormon followed by Charlie taking all the buzz and column inches, no chance of any awards buzz.  They should have waited until the end of the year

They should waited until the Autumn or next Spring to open it, I guess the Phoenix becoming free after Blood Brothers announced its closure influenced their decisions to bring to London fairly quickly.

#265 CAA

CAA

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I love the show and it works because it doesn't need star names.  However, I fear this show won't be long at the Phoenix just look at the tickets available on ATG! I guess there are various reasons why its not selling but lets say for a West End show charging top prices, people won't pay to see something that is unknown. Reduce the prices, and it might keep going.

#266 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes, they need to reduce prices so folk "give it a go". Avenue Q struggled until a new pricing policy was introduced and then had a long and successful run. Especially if the running cost are low for a musical which I understand they are.

#267 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Exactly, Avenue Q very nearly closed early on, new pricing structure then suddenly tickets sold

#268 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

This is not even discounting at TKTS today. Prices £67.50 for matinee and evening shows!

#269 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

it was nearly sold out tonight..thats probably why?

#270 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Excellent - we can expect a long run then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users