587 replies to this topic

#281 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Theatre producer has just shared the link of the new promo video for Once with the London cast on twitter. :D

#282 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've just booked for this. Was looking on the ATG website, and to my surprise there was one ticket, second row stalls, for £19.50 for next Saturday matinee. Every other day it was on sale for top price. So I grabbed it, and didn't have to pay a booking fee either. V odd. Looking forward to it.

#283 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just back from the matinee and I have to say, this is REALLY something special. And this is coming from a HUGE swell season fan, big fan of the movie and I've seen the NYC version. This cast is really phenomenal. Stuart Ward was on as Guy and he and Zrinka had amazing chemistry. Unless someone else comes along with something pretty phenomenal, Zrinka needs to walk away with the Olivier next year. They both effortlessly capture the heart and soul of this piece. It is extremely moving and worthwhile. Our audience quite literally leapt to their feet at the end. Beautiful, beautiful show.

Do yourself a favor and go see this. Now.

#284 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Poststewart, on 04 May 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Unless someone else comes along with something pretty phenomenal, Zrinka needs to walk away with the Olivier next year.

They already did. And that someone else is called Jenna Russell.

#285 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostABowlerHat, on 04 May 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

They already did. And that someone else is called Jenna Russell.

Ha, very true. I've seen Jenna's performance as well--it would be a very close call for me. Both phenomenal in my opinion. Regardless, pretty great start to the season for musicals.

#286 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Are the songs in this show  the same as in the film?

#287 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostMontmartre, on 07 May 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Are the songs in this show  the same as in the film?

Not entirely.  There are about 6 songs from the film that aren't in the show, and roughly the same number of songs in the show that aren't in the film.

#288 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

For last nights performance according to Bargain Theatre seats were reduced to £33 from £67.50 and to £25 from £45. Now that is an offer worth looking out for again! So offers will be around for this surely? Still full price at TKTS today though  - why??

#289 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Postwickedgrin, on 08 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

For last nights performance according to Bargain Theatre seats were reduced to £33 from £67.50 and to £25 from £45. Now that is an offer worth looking out for again! So offers will be around for this surely? Still full price at TKTS today though  - why??

Because sometimes some places have special offers for particular shows, what's so strange about that?!

And clearly it's on TKTS at full price because it doesn't feel the need to discount on a regular basis...no-one's entitled to offers for a show just because one place has an offer for a date/certain dates...

#290 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2521 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 04 May 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I've just booked for this. Was looking on the ATG website, and to my surprise there was one ticket, second row stalls, for £19.50 for next Saturday matinee. Every other day it was on sale for top price. So I grabbed it, and didn't have to pay a booking fee either. V odd. Looking forward to it.

This sounds like the first paragraph of one of Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected. Or perhaps something by M R James. Pharaoh's number 2, this is the time to say it's been a pleasure to read your posts - before you meet a dreadful fate during the Saturday matinee - maybe turned into a human lampshade, or terrified to death by a theatre ghost. Not "Au revoir" but "Goodbye", I fear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users