592 replies to this topic

#31 Southstreet

Southstreet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

I love her as a performer, but think she might be a bit too old for that part. The girl is supposed to be quite young, isn't she? Not that Madalena is old of course. :-)

#32 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

With Midnight Tango running from January 30th-March 3rd at the Phoenix, I'm guessing Once will open mid to late March, suprised that ATG have scheduled a short run between the end of Goodnight Mr Tom and Once, would have thought they could the dark period to do a proper refurbishment on the Phoenix.

#33 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Perhaps they are hoping to do it in two smaller phases, in the couple of weeks between Blood Brothers and Goodnight Mr Tom in the first instance then between Midnight Tango and Once?

Course that depends on how much they think they need to do and whether they expect Once will last long or not - and whether Once is set in stone as opening in March or whether that could slip to April.

#34 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Perhaps they are hoping to do it in two smaller phases, in the couple of weeks between Blood Brothers and Goodnight Mr Tom in the first instance then between Midnight Tango and Once?

Course that depends on how much they think they need to do and whether they expect Once will last long or not - and whether Once is set in stone as opening in March or whether that could slip to April.

Probably depends on the extent of the refurbishment, I doubt ATG would do what Delfont Mackintosh do and have theatres dark for a long period to do refurbishment between shows,

#35 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Once might go to Dublin for two weeks first

As for the refurbishment ATG have ordered more bin liners and some extra j cloths

#36 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostJon, on 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Probably depends on the extent of the refurbishment, I doubt ATG would do what Delfont Mackintosh do and have theatres dark for a long period to do refurbishment between shows,

True. Especially if ATG have actually made very little from the Phoenix in recent years (which seems to be at least part of the reason Blood Brothers is leaving the venue), they might want to earn a touch from it before sending it deliberately dark for a while.

View PostJamiem, on 01 October 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Once might go to Dublin for two weeks first

While that would make sense, is it actually likely?

#37 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Rebecca trehearn or sabrina aloueche for girl and Hadley Fraser or Ramin karimloo too.

#38 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Just looked at Hadley Fraser on YouTube, changed my mind. Just him. He would be epic in this show.

#39 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

I would LOVE Hadley Fraser to be in this!
I've only seen videos and recordings of him but he's become quite a favourite of mine.
I'd love the chance to see him in something, and I can't think of a more perfect role for him than Guy in Once!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#40 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

If Ramin was to return to the stage i could see it being something like this as its nearer his type of music and its far from a mega musical. His name would sell some tjckets too. Not sure he is the best fit though.

I like the Killian idea but he is now doing billy elliot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users