Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

From the sound of it on Twitter, they are opening at 12 today

#322 BGLowe

BGLowe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Caught the evening show of 'Once' last night. Turned up at the box office about 11.30 and got Q20/21 for £19.50. Absolute bargain! Unfortunately, we had a rather tall/broad man in front of us with the biggest hair I had ever seen, so we moved forward. However, there were rows mid stalls with barely anybody on so nobody noticed. I'd recommend anyone who wants to see it to snap those seats up and move forward.

So, onto the show. I saw Mormon within it's first few weeks of opening and loved it, thought it was practically the second coming. This completely blew it out of the water. I didn't expect anything to be so magically beautiful, touching, heart breaking and funny at the same time. Loved the on stage bar, the pre-show show and how it seamlessly moves into the show so that it feels like you there in an irish pub. The two leads were outstanding (never mind the fact they are both stunning) and I really hope they are considered for awards next year. I cried my eyes out throughout the second act and at the end! There are no words really to describe its sheer beauty, it's just faultless.

That being said, my mum wasn't as keen as me. Her main gripe was a lack of plot, but I thought it was fine. I think part of it was the fact she had a very obscured view. She rated it 8/10 still, I just think the magic was slightly lost on her. Afterwards we spotted the little girl who was on last night who was telling her mum "it's a night I'll never forget." What an absolute sweetheart, made a beeline to tell her she was fabulous.

Truly a hidden gem of the west end. I will tell everyone I know to see it, and would return in a heartbeat.
London:
A Chorus Line x1| Avenue Q x1| Bad Girls x1| Blood Brothers x1| Cabaret x2| Carousel x4| Chicago x2| From Here to Eternity x1 | Ghost x1| Legally Blonde x1| Les Miserables x3| Little Shop of Horrors x1| Lost Boy x1 | Love Never Dies x2| Marguerite x1| Matilda x1| Once x2| One Man, Two Guvnors x1| Peter Pan x1| Rock of Ages x2| Sister Act x1| Spamalot x1| Stephen Ward x1| Sweeney Todd x1| Sweet Charity x1| The Book Of Mormon x1| The King And I x1| The Lion King x1| The Light Princess x1| The Phantom of the Opera x1| The Sound of Music x1| The West End Men x1 The Wizard of Oz x1| Urinetown x1| We Will Rock You x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2| Wicked x5|

Booked for: Carousel

National Tours:
Aspects of Love x1| Avenue Q x2| Birdsong x1| Blood Brothers x4| Chess x1| Evita x1| Fame x1| Footloose x1| Grease x1| Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat x1| Legally Blonde x1| Oklahoma x1| Rocky Horror Show x1| Starlight Express x1| Tell Me on a Sunday x1| The History Boys x1| West Side Story x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2|

#323 Viserys

Viserys

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Do they open the upper circle on weekdays? I have tickets in the upper circle for a Thursday, hoping for an upgrade...

#324 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

the cast are on The Graham Norton Show this week. When are they filming it?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#325 Azincat

Azincat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

As far as I know, the Graham Norton Show is normally filmed on Thursdays although they may occasionally film on a Wednesday as well.

I'm glad to hear that Once is getting some high profile promotion.  I loved the show when I saw it in Dublin a couple of months ago and would like to see it have a decent run in London.

#326 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

I'm pretty sure they filmed the Graham Norton Show yesterday as both Zrinka and Declan were off yesterday eve (judging from Twitter Declan did the matinee though while Zrinka was off mat and eve).

#327 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostSteffi, on 31 May 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure they filmed the Graham Norton Show yesterday as both Zrinka and Declan were off yesterday eve (judging from Twitter Declan did the matinee though while Zrinka was off mat and eve).

Alex Turney was on for Guy for the matinee

#328 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ah, thanks for the info!

Must have been his first show? Was anyone there? Would love to hear thoughts on his performance.

#329 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Ah, that's pleasing to know - personally Once is far better than Mormon, so I hope they can get more high profile appearances to get the audiences in.

Fingers crossed.

#330 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Booking extended until March 2014.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users