590 replies to this topic

#331 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

did anyone else see it on Graham Norton last night? wasnt fully convinced, i think the sound at the start could have been louder

#332 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

I thought their performance last night was incredible!

#333 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

I agree, I thought it was an excellent performance. Really pleased to see them get some tv exposure and nice to hear that booking has been extended. :)

#334 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Saw this a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great performance on Graham Norton last night. Hoping to see it again quite soon :)

#335 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostBGLowe, on 30 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I saw Mormon within it's first few weeks of opening and loved it, thought it was practically the second coming. This completely blew it out of the water. I didn't expect anything to be so magically beautiful, touching, heart breaking and funny at the same time. Loved the on stage bar, the pre-show show and how it seamlessly moves into the show so that it feels like you there in an irish pub. The two leads were outstanding (never mind the fact they are both stunning) and I really hope they are considered for awards next year. I cried my eyes out throughout the second act and at the end! There are no words really to describe its sheer beauty, it's just faultless.
Truly a hidden gem of the west end. I will tell everyone I know to see it, and would return in a heartbeat.
Totally agree with everything: cannot wait to see the show again!

#336 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Pleased to report that there looked to be a full house last night - a Tuesday -  and the box office guy told me that attendance is definitely "picking up".  From the reaction of the audience - spontaneous standing O - word of mouth must be sensational.  I think this show has a long life ahead of it, deservedly so.

As to the show itself, I can only echo what others have said.  I absolutely loved it and especially loved Zrinka Cvitesic  She was an emotional wreck at the curtain call, wiping away the tears.  How does she do it eight times a week?

It was instructive and gratifying to be reminded that  the "wow moment" in a show doesn't have to be a coup de theatre or an amazing special effect.  If you're invested in the characters onstage a very small and delicate thing can blow you away.  The moment in the Second Act when the Czech titles suddenly switched to English for one line.... made my heart stop.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#337 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Anyone who wants to see an understudy for Guy: Declan is on holidays Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

#338 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Postmallardo, on 19 June 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

It was instructive and gratifying to be reminded that  the "wow moment" in a show doesn't have to be a coup de theatre or an amazing special effect.  If you're invested in the characters onstage a very small and delicate thing can blow you away.  

Amen to that :)  Was hoping to catch this again as I'm in London this week, but looks like I won't have time, so will have to be patient for another month!

#339 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Don't know if this is new or has always been the case, but I noticed yesterday that prices are much lower (nearly half-price in some cases) for Thursday matinees.  So as I really want to catch this and can't count on being early enough for a day seat, I've decided to splurge and be sure of seeing the show.

#340 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Postfringefan, on 19 June 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Don't know if this is new or has always been the case, but I noticed yesterday that prices are much lower (nearly half-price in some cases) for Thursday matinees.  So as I really want to catch this and can't count on being early enough for a day seat, I've decided to splurge and be sure of seeing the show.

New to me! Thanks for letting us know. I had a free Thursday afternoon and booked a ticket. Wanted to watch it in near future anyway and it's starting time is very covinient too.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users