604 replies to this topic

#351 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

The question isnt whether it will tour easily, the issue as to how well it will do on tour.

#352 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostTitan, on 29 June 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

The question isnt whether it will tour easily, the issue as to how well it will do on tour.
Well whether it will tour easily is inherent in that, but regardless, I answered the point about how well it could do in my previous post.  How well it will do is something no-one can say unless they've got an uncanny ability to predict the future accurately.

#353 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

It's still months to go until March. It would be extremely early to make a decision whether to extend the show or not. Plus ticket sales have really been picking up lately. They've had several sold out performances (and not just Fridays / Saturdays). I can't see them making such a decision now unless they have another show lined up for the Phoenix already.

#354 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Cue speculation by us all about which show could be going there next!

#355 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

It would be a shame to see this close, as it's one of the gems currently on the west end. But I do think it's more suited to somewhere like the Dutchess than the Pheonix.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#356 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Just say the word and Kenwright can have the BB set dusted off.
Once will have been a hiccup.
Normal order will be restored.

I jest.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#357 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostSteffi, on 29 June 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

It's still months to go until March. It would be extremely early to make a decision whether to extend the show or not. Plus ticket sales have really been picking up lately. They've had several sold out performances (and not just Fridays / Saturdays). I can't see them making such a decision now unless they have another show lined up for the Phoenix already.
Exactly.  Hopefully the person who posted the original rumour will come back and give a source, as they seem to be party to supposed information that hasn't surfaced anywhere else yet!

#358 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Does anyone know why Miria Parvin has left the company as Ex Girlfriend?
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#359 allthingstheatre

allthingstheatre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Miria Parvin has gone on maternity leave. I understand she will return after the birth of her child.

#360 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

I saw this the other day. Despite the fact the acting & singing are generally good which proved to be the final reason for me liking what I was watching, however,  the production itself  disappointed .  It was like watching a Rep Production @ the union or menier were single sets are the normal with constraints  on production costs & space. But seriously at The Phoenix ( West End Theatre) I would have expected them to be a little bit more adventurous . I have not yet seen the film so it was left to the trailer on You tube  to provide further clarity. Maybe someone on this forum can explain why the single set is  an interior of a pub since the vast majority of the scenes take place in a house, music shop or recording studio which we, as audience members, are supposed to imagine by demarcated square lights on the stage floor & a few tables with chairs. Is it predominantly for the pre show Kaylee? This has tour written all over it i.e basic set with strong cast. The opening scene highlighted my point I thought he was doing an open mic night in the pub when she first approaches him only to find out by You tube he was busking in the street.  Back drops / side screens  could have helped to narrate the show better. Finally a Danish lady that was seating next to me who had some difficult with the accents asked me in the interval why did she bring the Vacuum cleaner to the PUB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users