#431 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postrichard2711, on 17 August 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I didn't read it that way, I just think the post was meant to imply that it will be good for Declan to get back on stage. I saw the show for the second time this week, not realising Declan was going to be off and also not realising \david had joined the cast. I've been a fan of Declan for years and I loved his portrayal as the role is perfect for him. I was so impressed with David too. I think the songs really suit his tone beautifully and his Guy is very sweet indeed.

That's fair. Apologies to harveyjnr, I just misread the tone on that one!
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#432 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

hmmm. i literally meant nothing snide about either actors at all. i wish david the best. i've noticed the good reception david has been getting from the twitter ONCE site, so a lot are fans of the show. i want declan back on stage as its his role and being off ill must be hard on him. but by all means guys- tear away.

#433 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postrichard2711, on 17 August 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I heard a girl in the audience saying that he is scheduled to have a gig this Sunday. Does anyone know where that is supposed to be?
It's in Soho and tickets are only £9.50, here's the link with info: http://www.ticketweb...d=theborderline

#434 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ah cool. I like the Borderline. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near London ths weekend but would have loved to go. I saw him do a gig a few years back and it was incredible.

#435 gazzaw13

gazzaw13

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

I was at Friday evening's performance having loved the show previously, particularly Zrinca who I instantly fell in love with. I was devastated to find out she was off on Friday but OMG Phoebe Fildes was amazing as Girl.  She's much younger than Zrinca and brought more innocenece and wonder to the part.  I was surprised to see that this was her West End debut and I predict a long and successful career for her.  I'll have to go and See Once again when Phoebe's on.  This is a great show!

#436 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

I saw David and Phoebe on Saturday. Absolutely loved Phoebe's Girl. She's just wonderful. It took me a while to warm to David's Guy. He was too cheerful for my liking in act one and I didn't enjoy his take on some of the songs. But he won me over in act two with a more reserved approach. Obviously he's still new and needs time to settle in. I will gladly see his Guy again when he's been with the show for a bit longer.
Still, Declan remains my favourite Guy. As for Zrinka and Phoebe - I think they are both fantastic in their own way and I couldn't choose who I prefer.

#437 vampire

vampire

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I was at Tuesday´s performance and the theatre was with many empty seats. However, the show was not in Leicester Square tkts. Anyone knows why? Thanks!!

#438 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

This show is never discounted at TKTS - it seems to be the producers strategy not to discount in this way to make it look like a hit show. There are plenty of offers around though.

#439 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postvampire, on 30 August 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

I was at Tuesday´s performance and the theatre was with many empty seats. However, the show was not in Leicester Square tkts. Anyone knows why? Thanks!!
  Because they're under no obligation to discount at TKTS.  Empty seats doesn't mean they have to offer the tickets elsewhere.  It's a cheaper show to run than most, they probably don't have to, though it doesn't make much sense.  For some shows you have a better chance of getting discounts from the box office than TKTS anyway, keeps all the money in-house.

#440 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Is it also that other agents haven't sold their allocation of tickets? E.g. lastminute always has tickets for Once available for the following day at all prices brackets so those seats couldn't be at tkts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users