#461 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 13 September 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

This show really does highlight how good many of our West End performers are: sing, dance, play an instrument all at the same time.  I've seen this a few times now and will go back again

I totally agree, I've seen Once twice now and can't wait to see it again, can't fault anyone in the cast - they have all given 100% each time I've seen it.

As an aside, has anyone else on here bought Declan Bennett's latest album - record breakup live? It was recorded a few weeks ago, with Gareth O Connor on guitar with him.

#462 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

I've got the album. Really like it. I generally love Declan's songs and have all his previous releases. This is an acoustic re-release of his last album.
I'd recommend it. He writes very personal songs with great lyrics.

#463 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostPriscilla, on 14 September 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I've seen Once twice now and can't wait to see it again

Once, twice? Three times a lady!

(Sorry)
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#464 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Has anyone heard anything further about the chances of a London cast recording?

#465 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

For anyone interested, Declan Bennett is doing another gig this month: Hoxton Hall, 27th October.
Tickets are on sale here: http://www.wegottick...om/event/243669

#466 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I bought the OBCR once ( ;)) it was realeased but didn't make it past 3rd or 4th song, 'cause I found the songs quite boring and thus decided to skip this show.

As I was looking for a Thursday matinee and as Once were offering most of the Stalls seats at a reduced rate, I nevertheless gave it a try last Thursday and luckily I did.
Once is stunnigly beautiful, touching, funny and sad altogether. Extremely talented cast. Songs work really well on stage and I was stoked seeing all the cast playing their own intruments. However, I still think the OBCR doesn't do the show justice and you have to experience it live on stage.

Really enjoyed it and will definitely be back. I already recommended the show to some (Norwegian ?) Girls who were also dayseating at Wicked on Friday morning.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#467 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 20 October 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

I bought the OBCR once ( ;)) it was realeased but didn't make it past 3rd or 4th song, 'cause I found the songs quite boring and thus decided to skip this show.

As I was looking for a Thursday matinee and as Once were offering most of the Stalls seats at a reduced rate, I nevertheless gave it a try last Thursday and luckily I did.
Once is stunnigly beautiful, touching, funny and sad altogether. Extremely talented cast. Songs work really well on stage and I was stoked seeing all the cast playing their own intruments. However, I still think the OBCR doesn't do the show justice and you have to experience it live on stage.

Really enjoyed it and will definitely be back. I already recommended the show to some (Norwegian ?) Girls who were also dayseating at Wicked on Friday morning.

I disagree. For once I made an exception and listened to the CD before I saw the show (which I never do) and loved it.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#468 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I got the CD right after it was released and loved it. Since I started watching the show in London I have been listening to the CD less and less though. I still think it is a great recording though, I just prefer the London cast to the OBC.

#469 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

They have released a recording of 5 songs by the London cast: https://soundcloud.c...ts/oncelondonep

Possibility of a cast recording?

#470 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostDrP, on 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

They have released a recording of 5 songs by the London cast: https://soundcloud.c...ts/oncelondonep

Possibility of a cast recording?

Oh I hope so, I much prefer the London cast.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users