43 replies to this topic

#11 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Will it though? I'd love to see it. Anyone know?

#12 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I would love this to transfer as I loved the production when I saw it during early previews. All the cast were excellent and I thought the set was lovely. Haven't laughed that much in a theatre for a while. It's definitely in my top 5 for this year.

#13 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I myself liked that production very much. Amazing performances by the whole cast. But I'm afraid I don't think it will get a transfer, at least not that soon.  Toby Stephens will be shooting a series in South Africa for about 5 months from January.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#14 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for that. I'll put my impatience on hold. Nice Toby has work.

#15 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostLynette, on 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Thanks for that. I'll put my impatience on hold. Nice Toby has work.
Was that "Nice, Toby has work" or "Nice Toby has work" Lynette? ;)

#16 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Tee hee

#17 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Someone over in the musicals section under the Me and My Girl topic has said this is following The Audience into the Gielgud. Does anyone know if that's true?

#18 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View Postvickster51, on 05 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Someone over in the musicals section under the Me and My Girl topic has said this is following The Audience into the Gielgud. Does anyone know if that's true?

Actually in the My Fair Lady section. A lot of speculations and rumours all around and lots of them connected to each other. Hope some of them will be cleared up soon.

I haven't heard anything about it. If this and My Fair Lady transfer both, it must happen one after another and Antony Calf will have a very busy year in theatre as will Dominic West should The River finally transfer.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#19 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

It's possible they'll recast the role of Victor in Private Lives if Anthony Calf is unable to do it due to MFL or other commitments like they've done with Paul Ritter in The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Nightime as he's doing The Audience when Curious transfers to the Apollo.

#20 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Curious Incident's at the Apollo, The Audience at the Gielgud.  Can they not just tinker with the scripts so Ritter can run across the street every night to fill in his part?  Presumably in The Audience he's only needed for about 10 minutes - surely they can slot a gap into Curious Incident for his character around when John Major becomes PM?

Regarding this play, I think it's a masterpiece and I'd love to see it, and these two actors are wonderful.  Anna Chancelor was just great in the Chichester double bill, and I always seem to like Toby Stephens despite that terrible Bond film.  I recall him even being pretty decent in Danton's Death, though I only really remember the last two minutes of that one.

Also tagged with Chichester, coming in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users