• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nicola

Nicola

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

While there is a bit of life in this part of the forum, may I shamelessly pitch "Sense" at Southwark Playhouse? Company of Angels (e.g. "Invasion" at Soho last month) producing a new play about "teenagers, love and the need to make radical choices" with final year Drama Centre students.  Rehearsals are in progress and it really sounds rather good - and before anyone points out that I would seem to have a vested interest, I do but that does not necessarily cloud my judgement.  At least perhaps I have your attention .......

#2 Job

Job

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Nicola @ Apr 23 2009, 11:57 PM) View Post
While there is a bit of life in this part of the forum, may I shamelessly pitch "Sense" at Southwark Playhouse? Company of Angels (e.g. "Invasion" at Soho last month) producing a new play about "teenagers, love and the need to make radical choices" with final year Drama Centre students.  Rehearsals are in progress and it really sounds rather good - and before anyone points out that I would seem to have a vested interest, I do but that does not necessarily cloud my judgement.  At least perhaps I have your attention .......

Now THAT's the way to do a plug around here. Up front and honest. None of this 'Hey, guys, I've just seen the most amazing...' you know the kind of thing.

Good luck with your show.

Job
With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

#3 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yes, and while you're at it you might as well give us dates, times & prices!
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#4 Nicola

Nicola

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Here is the link to Sense on the Southwark Playhouse web-site and the times and prices - basically Tuesday 28 April to Saturday 2 May @ 7.30pm with matinees @ 2.30pm Wednesday and Saturday.  Airline pricing starts at 8 (up to 18 the longer you leave it to book).

http://www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/whatso...cord_number=132

#5 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Nicola @ Apr 24 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
Here is the link to Sense on the Southwark Playhouse web-site and the times and prices - basically Tuesday 28 April to Saturday 2 May @ 7.30pm with matinees @ 2.30pm Wednesday and Saturday.  Airline pricing starts at 8 (up to 18 the longer you leave it to book).

http://www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/whatso...cord_number=132

Airline pricing, eh? Interesting. But unfortunately, I can't make it by the 2nd. I would like to get along to the relocated Southwark though - haven't been there yet.

EDIT: ...and am now going, having been on the website and booked for Exquisite Corpse. The airline pricing again operates - I just paid 8, later it's 13, eventually 18. Nice for me but a bit tough on anyone who doesn't get to hear about it until late on.

Nicola, Sense sounds interesting and I'm sorry to miss it at Southwark. Will it be presented anywhere else?
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#6 Nicola

Nicola

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(Backdrifter @ Apr 28 2009, 11:09 AM) View Post
Airline pricing, eh? Interesting. But unfortunately, I can't make it by the 2nd. I would like to get along to the relocated Southwark though - haven't been there yet.

EDIT: ...and am now going, having been on the website and booked for Exquisite Corpse. The airline pricing again operates - I just paid 8, later it's 13, eventually 18. Nice for me but a bit tough on anyone who doesn't get to hear about it until late on.

Nicola, Sense sounds interesting and I'm sorry to miss it at Southwark. Will it be presented anywhere else?

I don't think Sense will be presented again with its current cast as they are in their last term at Drama Centre and are all soon to be highly-paid film and television actors or under contract to the RSC or the National (if only ...)!  The production company is Company of Angels about whom more can be seen on their web-site: http://www.companyofangels.co.uk/

I suppose if the piece is well-received they may look at taking it further.

My connection is with the current cast (or to be honest - one of them!) not with the company as such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users