150 replies to this topic

#31 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Saw this the other day for the first time, hadn't had the opportunity before. I enjoyed it, especially the in jokes that most people wouldn't get. Simon makes the show for me, very funny. Having not seen it before I couldn't compare, but could see why they transfered. It needed a compact space to keep the party feeling.

As for tickets, I got top price for £45, 40 minutes before curtain up, row C in the dress for a one of the booths in Leicester square.

#32 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

You can still get tickets on GILT for 25-35 for another week or so.
Lastminute.com usually have deals too.

#33 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm sure they'll reintroduce day seats if it's that empty. Until they do reintroduce them I won't be going to see the show again. ;(

#34 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

The new production photos have finally been posted on the website :D
http://www.rockofage...oduction-shots/
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#35 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

So who is heading to the Garrick next week as Ian has now officially announced his 'Drew' date. Really pleased  that this is happening as loved his half Drew show when he had to take over from Dylan when he went off Sick half way through his cover at Shafestbury!!!!

#36 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Any rumors regarding CC (i.e. who's leaving, who's staying)? I hope Simon will stay for a third year - and I'm really hoping there will be another CC, since I'm not sure how well the show is running after its move.
Last CC was in late September (23rd iirc), so I guess early August might be a possible date?

That said, I saw RoA again yesterday and finally caught Tim D's Drew. Really liked him in that part, and good to see someone whom the Drew wig actually suited.
All three levels were open and I spotted not that many free seats in the Stalls.
Yesterday marked also a new record for me, as in total seven u/s were on...
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#37 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'd imagine cast change will be September again - the contracts for this cast were a year - which takes them through to early to mid September.  Think it's very early to be talking about who will stay/leave when they have almost 6 months still to go.

#38 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

OK - I thought contracts were for the usual 10-11 months, which would then have been roughly four months till CC...
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#39 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Im going on tuesday, got a lastminute.com ticket so no idea where I'll be sat.

Only been once since the move, how well has it been doing?

#40 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

They've just announced on twitter that day seats are now available: 'It's OFFICIAL - DAY SEATS NOW AVAILABLE for @rockofagesuk - Best available seats on the day for £25 in person at the box office from 10:30am'
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users