#41 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Dayseats back - what a great news.

Will these be the first two rows which are not sold online? Or limited to a certain number?

Perhaps anybody can provide some information after Dayseating...
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#42 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

It said best available.

#43 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

At the moment it's best avaliable but according to the cast it might  change

#44 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

If it's the front 2 rows I'd avoid them, I was put in the second row & went to BO to ask to be moved as I couldnt see at all.  This wasnt a cheap seat either so I got moved to row G end of aisle, another seat I wouldnt recommend as you miss the pizza delivery part (I was in seat number 3 of that row)

#45 geweena

geweena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Went to get day seats today. Arrived at 10.40 and told all sold out but then offered row AA. Has heard that they were pretty bad seats so declined them and next cheapest I was offered were the 39.50 seats in row S! Went across to the TKTS booth and got row H centre for 42.50!

Having seen the height of the stage I would thoroughly recommend avoiding the first 3-4 rows as you really won't see much.

This is my first time seeing it since it has moved and got to say that I much preferred it at the Shaftesbury. The little changes that the poster above mentioned aren't much but definately lessen the show a bit which is a shame.

Nathan was on as Lonny tonight and although he has a fab voice, I do prefer Simon Lipkin. Ross Hunter also left mid way through the show - noticeably suffering from a bad throat :( One positive is that Tim Driesen has massively improved since I saw his first show as Drew last year!! His vocals are great.

Most annoying thing so far - the rude woman who started talking loudly and then decided she had to leave 3 minutes before the interval!!

Overall - enjoying the show , Act 2 to come.

#46 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postjaqs, on 02 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Im going on tuesday, got a lastminute.com ticket so no idea where I'll be sat.

Where were you sat?

Just interested, as I also have a lastminute.com booking open for May (that one with £20 for Stalls (third category???)) and do not yet know where my seat will be - I booked before the re-introduction of day seats.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#47 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

I really miss the "glitter" explosions

#48 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 04 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Where were you sat?

Just interested, as I also have a lastminute.com booking open for May (that one with £20 for Stalls (third category???)) and do not yet know where my seat will be - I booked before the re-introduction of day seats.

I'm not going until next tuesday. Have the same deal 3rd price £20, i'm hoping its one of the pillar seats near the front as I had one of those for loserville and it was great. Theatremonkey has seats by price category map as well as by opinion which helps.

#49 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postgeweena, on 04 April 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Ross Hunter also left mid way through the show - noticeably suffering from a bad throat :( One positive is that Tim Driesen has massively improved since I saw his first show as Drew last year!! His vocals are great.

Aww poor Ross having to go off mid show - did they have to stop the show while Tim got ready as Drew or was he already ready just in case? I always think that would be quite good seeing two different people in the same role in the same show, although never nice for the one who has to go off, and possibly a bit weird for the one who has to suddenly start mid show.

I'm glad you think Tim is great, I hope to see him as Drew soon.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#50 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Might have been at the interval when he went off so they didn't have to stop the show?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users