#51 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostMS1995, on 07 April 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Might have been at the interval when he went off so they didn't have to stop the show?

As the person posted at interval, and commented on Tim's performance, I'd assume it happened partway through Act 1 so he would have had to do a quick change

#52 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ah good spot, I stand corrected :P
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#53 geweena

geweena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

They didn't stop the show, they changed during a part when Drew was off stage for a while. They then announced the change after the interval.

Funniest thing was the lady sitting near me not noticing for about 20mins that it was someone different!

#54 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I just accidentally found out that there seems to be a production of RoA running in Stockholm: http://www.rockofages.se/

Does anybody have some information (perhaps even seen)? Is this a Swedish version, or the original English one? Just asking, as my Swedish is a bit rusty (one might also say "inexisting"). But as I wanted to visit Stockholm for quite some time now, this might be the perfect excuse...

Am I interpreting it correctly that the show is currently only booking until 25th May?
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#55 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 08 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I just accidentally found out that there seems to be a production of RoA running in Stockholm: http://www.rockofages.se/

Does anybody have some information (perhaps even seen)? Is this a Swedish version, or the original English one? Just asking, as my Swedish is a bit rusty (one might also say "inexisting"). But as I wanted to visit Stockholm for quite some time now, this might be the perfect excuse...

Am I interpreting it correctly that the show is currently only booking until 25th May?

A friend of mine is playing Stacee Jaxx in the Stockholm production (Peter Johansson, he used to play Galileo in We will rock you at the Dominion years ago). From what I know it's English songs with Swedish dialogues.
They are currently booking until the end of May but Peter said it's quite likely they will extend for another few months. Nothing has been announced yet though.

#56 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Steffi, thanks for the reply. So hopefully they will extend the run, since I'm pretty much sure I won't be able to travel to Sweden before June.

#57 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yup, English songs and Swedish dialogue. Also, there's different staging, new choreography, some slight tweaks to the book, and some slight changing up of who sings what (certain lines in at least one song). A friend, who went for the sole purpose of seeing the show, just got back and, despite not speaking Swedish, really loved it

#58 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostSteffi, on 09 April 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

A friend of mine is playing Stacee Jaxx in the Stockholm production (Peter Johansson, he used to play Galileo in We will rock you at the Dominion years ago).

Aww Peter Johansson :) He was my very first Galileo, I'd wondered what he was up to these days. Shame Sweden is so far away, I'd love to see him in this.

View Postgeweena, on 08 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

They didn't stop the show, they changed during a part when Drew was off stage for a while. They then announced the change after the interval.

Funniest thing was the lady sitting near me not noticing for about 20mins that it was someone different!

I'm not surprised not everyone realised Ross and Tim had swapped - if you haven't seen the show before there is a lot to take in, and you won't necessarily know exactly what the cast look like, especially with them having the same wig and costume, and it's not something you would normally expect to happen.

I finally got to see Tim as Drew on Monday and loved it :D It was worth the wait, I thought he was excellent. I loved the show, it really is growing on me now (I remember someone on here told me that it would!). This was my first time seeing it at the Garrick and I miss Stacee coming down the centre aisle at the end, and also miss the glitter falling as someone else has mentioned. I thought my seat and view were great though, but there were a lot of underground trains going underneath!
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#59 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

https://twitter.com/...723136019759106

So I guess CC will be on September 21st

#60 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

For anyone interested, Tim Driesen is leaving the show on 27th July to join the Dutch production of Jersey Boys as Frankie Valli. Ian Stewart McIntosh is taking over as alternate Drew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users