• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#71 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Everyone gets them... I'm no student and got a ticket in may... We got to the theatre around 12pm on a saturday and they still had tickets for the evening show (probably even for the matinee but we didn't ask for those). The man at the box office offered us seats in the back of the stalls or front row and we - stupidly as we know now - chose front row... Don't do that, those seats are horrible! The stage is so incredibly high, you'll miss a lot...

However, at least the stalls and the dress circle looked pretty full in the evening, so it seems to be still selling well. I think you'll be fine if you get to the box office at 10am... No need to wait there for hours...

#72 OutOfThisWorld

OutOfThisWorld

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thank you for your reply!!
Interesting to hear your comments about the front row as I was hoping to get day seats because I want to be close. I normally love sitting right at the front for shows, have done for Billy many times & that has a high stage, I wonder if anyone can compare the two?

#73 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Front row at Rock of Ages is definitely much worse than front row at Billy. The stage comes out to a kind of point, and the very front row (AA) is either side of the point, resulting in a severely restricted view from these seats as the stage is so high it blocks your diagonal view. Row A or Row BB (though not in the very middle) are preferable, if they're selling them.
The box office seem to be unable to decide which seats are actually day seats, with different people saying different things, so I hope you get lucky!

#74 OutOfThisWorld

OutOfThisWorld

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Oh right, thanks for this!! Maybe we'd be better off going to the booth & getting some further back then!

#75 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Just to leave a recent feedback on the day seats: arrived at 9am and was the only one until approx. 10.20. When the BO opened at 10.35, there were 10 people queuing in total.

Ended up with A1 for 25 - not a bad deal

No idea though how many day seats they're offering for each show (and where exactly they are).
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#76 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

We went two Saturdays ago and were offered dayseats in the front row at 6pm! Seems quite an easy one to get dayseats for.

#77 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 05 July 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

No idea though how many day seats they're offering for each show (and where exactly they are).

It depends who's at the box office! Some offer all of the front 3 rows (but you can still book these online at top price) and some only offer the front row and the very middle of the second row

#78 JoC

JoC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I got a day seat row A at the side at half three last monday. At the show there were three empty seats in row AA.

#79 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I personally wouldn't sit in ROW AA, unless i really have to the view is awful

#80 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Can you see anything at all in row AA? I sat in row BB a bit to the side and thought that was way too close. The stage is ridiculously high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users