#92 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I know but its booking till November, and if I was to close in November it wouldn't really be worth recasting for such a short amount of time surely? I just thought if they were going to extend the booking surely they would have done it by now? I'm just wondering
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#93 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I know of at least one other cast member leaving for another show - so I think it's going to be a proper cast change.

#94 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Leanne is leaving the show in September. The new contracts are for longer than just two months so they're clearly planning to/looking to extend past November.
It's not looking to be a very big cast change though.

#95 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

View Postthatgirlsophie, on 23 July 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Leanne is leaving the show in September. The new contracts are for longer than just two months so they're clearly planning to/looking to extend past November.
It's not looking to be a very big cast change though.
Yayy :D :D that's good! I hope Jodie and Simon are staying! Going again next Saturday (the 3rd of Aug) I'm so excited! Hope to go again after that too, may struggle to persuade my parents to take me a  third time, however there seems to be quite a few fans of the show at work, maybe I can get one of them to come with me!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#96 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm with Sophie, even i was told on Tim's last Drew show it wasn't shaping up to be a big cast change. I got told the new contracts are on the table so it clear they want to extend there time at the Garrick

#97 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Do you know who else is planning to go?

#98 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostIts_Emily, on 24 July 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Do you know who else is planning to go?
Nathan Amzi.

#99 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I saw RoA for the first time yesterday and totally enjoyed it. Simon kept picking on my friend and was hilarious. The only downside was being in the front row, meaning I could hardly see what was going on at the back of the stage. Loved it though, and I'm really sad about Tim Driesen leaving today. He was brilliant as Stacee yesterday.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#100 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Saw the matinee yesterday, loved it just as much as I did the first time I saw it - was very impressed with there only being one understudy (Scarlette Douglas as Constance) as the first time we saw it there were four on and when we were at we will rock you there seemed to be about 7! Still the funniest show I've seen, Simon Lipkin makes me laugh so much, I love Sandy as well he makes me laugh so much as Franz , Nathan and Rohan were both off when I went before so it was nice to see them, Daniel Fletcher is a fantastic Dennis - so funny and a great singer. Me and my mum were in disagreement over Stacee Jaxx - I said I preferred Tim Howar and she preferred Shayne. Spent so long at the souvenir stall landed up buying a vest top and a bracelet. Hope to go again,  possibly after cast change!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users