75 replies to this topic

#1 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Does anyone know any of the venues/dates for this tour next year? The prospect of performers just singing it, rather than butchering it with re-interpretation & bad accents has me very excited indeed.

#2 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

It can't be sung through surely, they'll need to add a fair bit of the dialogue for the story to make sense to someone who hasn't seen it before!  So they will need to get the American accents right...

Kerry is Maureen I presume, any news on who else is in the cast?

#3 famecoco

famecoco

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

i think so far its just Manchester Opera House on 25 April thats been announced. Haven't seen any other dates or venues yet

#4 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Rent is a sung through musical though...

#5 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is the same company who produced Godspell in Concert with Kerry Ellis last year
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#6 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

What was the Godspell concert like laughingmonsta? I'm hoping they won't butcher this show.

#7 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

I had hoped  to see it but wasn't able to.It had a great cast but I only saw one review which was really poor.Don't think it sold well-there were a lot of offers on tickets.

#8 Shady23

Shady23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I went to see Godspell and really enjoyed it, I thought the casting was great. The problem was that a lot of people who booked thought they were going to to see the musical and not a sung through version, so were disappointed, hence the clear title of this Rent production I presume.

#9 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

It was okay - there were severe sound problems with the show...but with the tour not being a one off you would hope they get this problem sorted. The problem with Gidspell is it's not a show that is the ideal fit for a concert, where as RENT would work fine as the story is stronger and the characters are driven by the songs...I hope to catch it at one of the NW venues
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#10 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

So Heidi range as Maureen, Leon Lopez as benny, joe McElderry as Angel, seriously! What a joke casting! I would have gone to this if it were west end trained actors. This is going to be a joke of a tour!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users