75 replies to this topic

#21 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

You have to realise that a vast majority of ticket buyers especially in the regions only go to the theatre on occassion - so most WE names will be completely lost to them...to sell shows in 2000 seater venues in the regions you need household names...FACT! - west end not so much as majority of tickets actually get bought from non UK residents (eg tourists) and that shows with what shows sell and what doesn't.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#22 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Rent really isnt that big a name show in the UK, especially to regional theatre goers. im surprised they are doing it in the first place

#23 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Titan - are you serious? Rent has a huge regional following most regional AM Dram productions sold out...the tour I suspect will do relatively well!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#24 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

am dram always sells due to friends and family etc plus regular bookers. a production of rent with no other draw wouldnt

#25 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

So it appears Kerry IS playing Mimi. Can't see it all personally although it might be alright if I'm correct in thinking this is staged as an actual concert and not as the stage show.

Nikki Davis-Jones as Maureen and Rory Taylor as Roger.

#26 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I actually can't WAIT to see Nikki as Maureen. She'll be brilliant! :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#27 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Paul Ayres as Mark

#28 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Full cast according to the website:

Mimi - Kerry Ellis
Roger - Rory Taylor
Mark - Paul Ayres
Maureen - Nikki Davis-Jones
Collins - Leon Lopez
Angel - Ian Stroughair
Joanne - Jemma Alexander
Benny - Kenny Thompson
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#29 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Nikki as Maureen sounds like great casting to me, and I think Leon Lopez will make a decent Collins.  Not convinced about Kerry as Mimi though, I always imagine Mimi to be very young...

#30 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Leon Lopez's Collins was one of the highlights of Rent Remixed, so I'm pleased by his casting, not that I can make it to any of the dates/locations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users