6 replies to this topic

#1 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi all

For the past few months I've been trying to write a musical and recently due to personal issues suffered a major confidence knock.

So I would REALLY appreciate some help!!

Please feel free to let me know if you want to help x
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Have a read of Julian woolfords excellent new book by Oberon, very in depth and very useful
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

hey, are you writing music, lyrics and book? I can help you with structure or just bouncing ideas around if you like. I'm a writer, ish.

#4 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 01 October 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

hey, are you writing music, lyrics and book? I can help you with structure or just bouncing ideas around if you like. I'm a writer, ish.

Thank you!! PM'd you :D
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!

#5 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Wicked

#6 Robin76

Robin76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Julian Woolford's 'excellent new book', recommended by laughingmonsta, is called How Musicals Work (and How To Write Your Own). It's very good. It's published by Nick Hern Books, by the way, not Oberon. It's on Amazon, or you can get it direct from www.nickhernbooks.co.uk with a 20% discount.

#7 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Apologies - Robin! My Bad!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users