• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 willgrrr

willgrrr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Taboo's running at the Brixton Clubhouse. Seen it & loved it! - they've got a midnight matinee on Hallowe'en, sounds fun but never been to one. Would you guys recommend after-hours theatre?

#2 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I would be straight there... If it wasn't in Brixton...
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#3 willgrrr

willgrrr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I quite like Brixton :)

#4 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

What's wrong with Brixton?  The venue is pretty handy  since it's only 50 yards from the tube. My experience of midnight theatre (at Edinburgh) is that I fall asleep though.

#5 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

I saw this last night, really good fun. I thought it had a very strong cast and worked very nicely in a smaller space. Pleasently surprised by the boisterous Buttery and thought the changes they made to the ending improved it. A bit of musical theatre geekery for you - during the famer audience participation scene they got Francesca Jackson on stage who I'm guessing was there to support Naimh Perry. Perry by the way was amazing, I look forward to her getting some big roles in the future.

#6 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 12 October 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

A bit of musical theatre geekery for you - during the famer audience participation scene they got Francesca Jackson on stage who I'm guessing was there to support Naimh Perry. Perry by the way was amazing, I look forward to her getting some big roles in the future.
Niamh is great, did anyone see her in Soho Song Cycle? Also, Buttery is the type of 'name' casting that I agree with. Really suited to the part and a cracking voice.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#7 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Don't think I've ever had so much fun at the theatre (well a club above KFC in Brixton). Everything is perfect, the score, newly revised book, performances and fabulous costumes. Paul Baker is truly astonishing as Philip Sallon. I really can't recommend this highly enough (especially if you were a London clubber in the early 1980's) http://www.frontrowd...-sunday-14.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#8 robg

robg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

saw the original run in leicester square  7 times which was fab and the tour after , i want to go again next month can anyone reccomend  best seats etc is it worth going for top price or standard ? also is it easy to park ? im so glad paul baker is back he is fantastic . ive always hoped & prayed it would come back
hope it moves back to westend  or tours too , shame they couldnt merge the best of the broadway version with the west end cant wait to see it

#9 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Its extending til March :)
Open call auditions for new cast.
Anyone know who will be going/staying?

https://twitter.com/...7825408/photo/1

#10 Wickeder

Wickeder

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Saw it on Tuesday and thought it was superb. The small venue and being right in among the cast was fantastic.

Sam Buttery was off, but the cast were outstanding. So pleased it's extending.

Having seen it once before on tour and owning the DVD I was pleasantly surprised by the new songs and also the re-writes to strengthen the story - especially Billy's character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users