38 replies to this topic

#11 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anyone bought standing tickets for this?  If so, is there anything to lean on and how's the view?

#12 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

the night I was there I had standing seats but they put the standees in any empty seats and if you're not going friday or saturday then you have a good chance of being seated. All the standees got quite good seats when I went

#13 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Half-price Groupon offer for this

http://www.groupon.c.../Taboo/12721276

#14 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

How much does the half price put it to?
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#15 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

£12.50 per ticket

#16 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postdrmaplewood, on 16 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

£12.50 per ticket

Fantastic. Cheers. :)
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#17 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Has anyone used the groupon offer? I want to use it for today'smatinee but do you only get voucher after groupon offer finished?

#18 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Anyone know the running time for this?

#19 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View Post*Michael*, on 02 December 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Anyone know the running time for this?
Went on Saturday afternoon and it was about 2 hours 30 minutes.  It was absolutely brilliant, I've loved the music since the original came out and was gutted to not see it, the DVD didn't do it justice.  it was amazing to be in such close proximity to the cast, you felt part of the show.  Sam Buttery was also a revelation as Bowry, the singing sounded amazing, if you haven't seen it yet, get there fast!

#20 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Thanks!

Ended up seeing it this afternoon - was brilliant.  Unfortunately Paul Baker was off - Owain Williams was excellent as Phillip though.  

I do really want to see Paul Baker though - anyone know if he's extending with the show?  Might struggle to make it back before cast change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users