- - - - -

Oliver Thornton Donning The Fishnets Again...........new Frank N Furter?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#11 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm very new to this forum but I grew up seeing Rocky Horror when it was on the stage in Chelsea - too many years ago to remember.  A group of us youngsters used to go at least 2 or 3 times a month.  Can anyone give me any more info on this new production, would love to see it again - it'll take me back to my childhood.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#12 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Nothing got announced then despite the suggestion on the FB page that it would be.

#13 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Cast announcement: Oliver Thornton, Rhydian and Ben Forster to star

http://www.whatsonst...orror Show.html

#14 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Very pleased with the announcement, looking forward to seeing this now, think Oliver will be great!

#15 London-phan

London-phan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Sounds good, but Rydian as Rocky? Really? I can't see that myself.

#16 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

I read the cast posted above before reading the link as to who was playing which part, and thought Rhydian would have been playing Riff Raff, I think he would have been fab! Anyway I'll be interested to see him as Rocky, and Oliver looks great in the pic in the article. Looking forward to this :)
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#17 robintusin

robintusin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Could they be getting Richard O'Brien as Riff Raff?

#18 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Does Rhydian have a muscley body? (asking that for the show's sake not mine!) If so then I guess he'll pull it off playing Rocky.

#19 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 16 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Does Rhydian have a muscley body? (asking that for the show's sake not mine!) If so then I guess he'll pull it off playing Rocky.

Yes he does!

He's a keep fit fanatic. Used to be the Welsh bench press champion as a teenager believe it or not.

#20 TracyK

TracyK

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, crime books and sci fi

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

Interesting cast.  Think Oliver will be amazing as Frank.  Haven't seen the show for years so be interesting to see it again.
There's Always Tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users