- - - - -

Oliver Thornton Donning The Fishnets Again...........new Frank N Furter?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 16 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Does Rhydian have a muscley body? (asking that for the show's sake not mine!) If so then I guess he'll pull it off playing Rocky.

Rhydian will be a great Rocky. Went to college with him, he's a big old unit. AND that bleach blonde hair :)
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#22 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

This cast looks fantastic - really hope I can go when its in Woking or Richmond!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#23 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

The full cast list has now been announced on the FB page:

• Dear friends - you've been asking for more casting info. We've done some diggin' and our casting director has confirmed the following....
    we aim to please xx
    The Narrator – Philip Franks
    Frank – Oliver Thornton
    Brad – Ben Forster
    Janet – Roxanne Pallett
    Rocky – Rhydian
    Riff Raff – Kristian Lavercombe
    Magenta – Abigail Jaye
    Columbia – Ceris Hine
    Eddie/Dr Scott – Joel Montague
    Male Phantoms – Christos Dante, David Gale
    Female Phantoms – Maria Coyne, Rachel Grundy
    Swing – Andrew Ahern

"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#24 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ahhh now I really want to go, Magenta is one of my favourite characters and Abigail Jaye was the narrator the first time I was in the Joseph chorus when I was 9 :P
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#25 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I've seen Abigail as the narrator as well, and also as Mrs Lyons in BB - this is a very different role for her!
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#26 Annielane

Annielane

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

This show is having Brilliant reviews

The official RHS video

#27 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Watched this last Friday! Oliver Thornton was brilliant as Frank. Everyone else was great too. Actually, everything about the show was brilliant =P It deserves all the awesome reviews that it has been getting.

#28 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I know this is touring for a while but anyone know if it has a shot at a west end stint after the tour?

#29 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not that I'm aware, they haven't done a West End stint in the previous recent tours - but then this is the 40th anniversary production and is getting great reviews, so who knows!

We saw it in Wimbledon last Saturday, I'm a "regular Frankie Fan" having seen the show several times, this is definitely one of the better productions and casts. Oliver Thornton makes a great Frank (and makes him sexy again, something I've not seen in a while!). I was a bit shocked when I heard Rhydian was playing Rocky, but was pleasantly surprised as he's great!

I couldn't get a programme or souvenir brochure as they'd sold out on the Saturday night, and many on the Rocky Horror forums are reporting similar problems in other venues.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#30 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

New cast for Southampton

SAM ATTWATER TO STAR AS ‘BRAD’ AND
DANI HARMER TO STAR AS ‘JANET’

Rocky and Narrator to be announced