- - - - -

Oliver Thornton Donning The Fishnets Again...........new Frank N Furter?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I booked tickets my tickets on monday, for June the 28th at Woking, I can't wait! I booked for the 5.30 performance as the most expensive ticket for that particular performance was £20.00! However as I booked at the box office they allowed me a student discount so I got a seat in the front row of the royal circle for £15.00!! On the atg website that performance is looking quite empty at the moment , but there is still a while to go!!
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#52 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Ben Forster is a great Brad! Saw the show earlier this week in Sunderland. Didn't recognise the song he sang in act 2 on his own- can anyone tell me what it was?

#53 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

It's called "Once in a While". It was filmed but cut from the movie, so it's not as well known as the other numbers - however it does feature on the DVD as a deleted scene.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#54 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thought this was a fantastic cast - Oliver Thornton in particular was outstanding. Saw this with a very enthusiastic crowd at Liverpool - complete madness but highly entertaining.

#55 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

I need some ticket advice!

So, several years ago I saw Rocky Horror in Sunderland. It was a great night out with loads of audience participation. We decided to see it again in Aylesbury in Feb, however we saw that 5:30pm showing that the production is doing on Friday and the theatre was half empty and there was literally no participation (in fact, the one time someone did shout something out, it caught the whole cast off guard and Ben Forster and Oliver Thornton began laughing hysterically on stage!).

It's coming to Milton Keynes in July so I'd like to see it again (the show became pretty dull without the audience participation!), but I wanna see it on a night where there is likely to be audience participation. Presumably  the best night is the Sat evening performance. However, what is the likelihood of having an "active" audience on a week night? Because Monday's are half price with the ATG theatre card. Obviously I know none of you can say for sure, but what are your experience with week day performances of the show?
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#56 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

I agree with you about it not being the same without so much audience participation. I went to Darlington a few years ago, I think it was to the Saturday early show, and there was very little participation, everyone was slow to get up for Time Warp, and I felt a bit out of it as I was the only person sat in the cheaper side block!

I went to the Friday 5.30pm show in York last week and it wasn't quite the same as going on a Saturday. The stalls were almost full with just a few seats at the side free but hardly anyone was dressed up other than nearer the back. There was some participation, mostly from further back, but there were a few times when I knew of responses to the lines that weren't shouted out. People were slow to get up for Time Warp aswell. I chose to go then rather than on Saturday because of better availability and cheaper seats, so for me it was worth it, I still enjoyed the show.

I thought Oliver Thornton was great, good at engaging with the audience, as were all the cast. I was pleased to see Sam Attwater, and Phillip Franks was a good narrator and made a nice change from seeing Christopher Biggins and Billy Pearce. I'm hoping to go again in Darlington and will probably go on a weeknight, so it will be interesting to compare audiences!
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#57 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

I went last night (Mon) and the theatre was full in stalls & half full in DC; lots of dressing up, heckling & participation

#58 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I saw this last Friday in Woking at the 5.30 performance, the theatre was fairly empty but there were still lots of people dressed up and lots of audience reaction. We had understudies for Magenta and Rocky who were both fantastic, although at first I was slightly disappointed not to see Abigail Jaye but the understudy was so good I quickly forgot about this - Really enjoyed the whole show, my only criticism was the Eddie and Columbia's dance during 'whatever happened to Saturday night' the dance seemed a bit lacking in something but I don't really know what.
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#59 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Abigail isn't well, she hurt her neck according to the Cast, and Henry told us he was off Sick for Woking and beginning of Croydon.
But i saw David and Maria and as well  (Tuesday) and thought they did a brilliant job

#60 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I saw this on Saturday evening in Croydon - first time seeing the show, and will put it down as one of those experience that are much more enjoyable than I expected!

Agree Oliver Thornton was terrific - and the show was much cleverer with its lyrics than I expected it to be!

£8 for the photo programme, though... according to which, Rhydian is still in it.

Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users