• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamie

jamie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

Has anyone seen this at The Gate. I went last wednesday and was bowled over by the scale of the play. The production was fantastic. So meticulous and detailed. Some things went over my head but that didnt seem to matter. I have never heard of the writer Naomi wallace before but she writes with power and poetry. I recommend it.

#2 melter

melter

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Naomi Wallace also wrote Trestle of Pope Lick Creek.

I saw both in Manchester directed by the same director and agree it was refreshing to see theatre that was about something.

one too many symbols for me, but a great cast, set and a really stylish production.

I didnt know it was showing in London

#3 sara c

sara c

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:35 PM

I saw this play tonight because a friend had told me to go and I live very close by.

I have  to say it was a revelation. My friend said it was hard work but worth it. I have to disagree, I was totally captured every single moment. It is quite political yes but it doesnt feel like that. It felt a personal play - talking to me - and I am in no way politically driven. The performances were fantastic and the staging was breathtaking - with a magical sheet moment that will stay with me for a long time. I'm amazed that it wasnt sold out. I didnt get a programme, but this is clearly a director to watch. Anyone else seen it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users