So it's official now?  At last!

#3 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

It still didnt solve thr story issues, a vast improvement but still.....

#4 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

So we had the London production.... where ALW took every decision, argued with all the creative team, refused to have a note cut from his score, tried several music supervisors, did a recording with a full orchestra, decided he didn't like it, so redid it all again.... and got a bunch of reviews that said it was pointless.

Or the Australian production, where he had no input, let them do it their way without any interference... and received universally good reviews.

Hmm....

#5 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Suggests why he has cast an older Phantom amd Christine alternate in POTO........

A case of the workman blaming his tools I think. The cast of LND was superb, got everything I thought was possible out of what they were given  and sounded better live to my ear than the Australian variant on the DVD . The basic problem is that the audience still sits there at the end asking "is that it ?" when the story ends.

Not sure why he thinks Profumo will attract an audience either. Its a piece of history pretty unique to his age group - I wouldn't think the vast majority of people under 60 would have heard of the guy - I suppose historical figures worked for  arelative unknown like Evita and  a better known Jesus, but I wouldn't bet on it.

#6 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Superb news

#7 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Would Kenwright be producing this show..? Someone tweeted this to start in jan13 I believe ?!

This might be a huge hit in uk and in Europe.. As it will have just followed a massive uk production of phantom and a much better German version..

Time will tell..

#8 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

Will be interesting to see how it does. The Phantom tour hasnt been as in demand as in previous tours and is a slower seller than in previous years

#9 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostTitan, on 05 October 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Will be interesting to see how it does. The Phantom tour hasnt been as in demand as in previous tours and is a slower seller than in previous years

Really? I got the impression it was doing well.

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

The POTO tour is doing well...things have to be put in perspective

The last tour only did 6 or 7 venues, which in itself means people from further afield would head to the theatre to see it. on the current tour it is playing almost every city in the UK, which then saturates the playing market.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users