17 replies to this topic

#11 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I hope this will be playing at the 02 as musicals work so well within its intimate space  ...

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#12 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

You sure ? Lol

#13 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostShowstopper, on 05 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Would Kenwright be producing this show..? Someone tweeted this to start in jan13 I believe ?!

Kenwright is producing, the casting came up on spotlight about 3 or 4 months ago from what I can remember.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#14 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostShowstopper, on 05 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Would Kenwright be producing this show..? Someone tweeted this to start in jan13 I believe ?!

This might be a huge hit in uk and in Europe.. As it will have just followed a massive uk production of phantom and a much better German version..

Time will tell..

The new tour is hardly "massive", regardless of the size of the drum. Its entire raison d'être is the fact that Cameron doesn't want to spend the large amounts of money he used to touring the far more elaborate (and, IMHO, vastly superior) original production...more's the pity.

View PostTitan, on 04 October 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

It still didnt solve thr story issues, a vast improvement but still.....

Nope. It doesn't matter how elaborate the sets are; no decent story = no show.

Anyway, I'm delighted to hear that Kenwright will be producing. This show and that producer deserve each other. Maybe good old Bill will be the final nail in this misconceived show's coffin.

View PostSeriously, on 04 October 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

So we had the London production.... where ALW took every decision, argued with all the creative team, refused to have a note cut from his score, tried several music supervisors, did a recording with a full orchestra, decided he didn't like it, so redid it all again.... and got a bunch of reviews that said it was pointless.

Or the Australian production, where he had no input, let them do it their way without any interference... and received universally good reviews.

Hmm....

Yeah, completely agree. ALW's contradictory excuses never made/make sense. He tried to excuse the London production by saying he "wasn't on the case" due to his prostate cancer...but he wasn't at all on the case on the Oz production! Eh?

#15 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Kemwright is nothing to do with this production ..

#16 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostShowstopper, on 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Kemwright is nothing to do with this production ..

Are you sure, and if so how?

The first article about the tour (I think it was the first) back in May said this:

"Sources say the new production of Love Never Dies (tipped here last September) is pencilled to make its debut in January 2013 at the Churchill Theatre Bromley - Kenwright's co-production partner. It will then embark on a UK tour."

http://www.whatsonst...tours Jan?.html

#17 west_london

west_london

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostBricabrac, on 06 October 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Are you sure, and if so how?

The first article about the tour (I think it was the first) back in May said this:

"Sources say the new production of Love Never Dies (tipped here last September) is pencilled to make its debut in January 2013 at the Churchill Theatre Bromley - Kenwright's co-production partner. It will then embark on a UK tour."

http://www.whatsonst...tours Jan?.html
I've heard this will be a David Ian production...

#18 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Kenwright does have more sense than people may think..

He'll have the last laugh!

it'll have rubbish tickets sales, poor reviews and the locals may say 'Should have booked tickets for hairspray'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users