- - - - -

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Ticket Prices?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostJon, on 09 October 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Didn't LOTR have a long preview period? Most new shows tend to have four weeks of previews even if they're transfers from Broadway. I imagine the teething issues for Charlie will be related to the set.

Ah, good point - I misremembered the date of press from reading it to typing a reply, I thought it worked out at something like 6 weeks, but it is just over four (which, yes, is about right for a big scale show). :)

#12 Musicalmann

Musicalmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Has anyone seen this launch video?

What do you think?

#13 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

SO excited for this show!

#14 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

billy elliot had a similar structured preview process because dont forget they will habe at least three sets of kids to rehearse amd rehearse any changes made following preview performances

#15 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

What was that preview about? Lol I've just been put off a bit.

#16 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostMusicalmann, on 28 October 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Has anyone seen this launch video?

What do you think?

Makes it look a bit tacky. I have to say it's put me off rather than enticed me to buy tickets! I'm really hoping the show is actually good like Matilda, rather than just family-friendly tosh like The Wizard of Oz and Shrek were.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#17 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Daniel Roache (from Outnumbered) will play Charlie Bucket and Kimberley Walsh will play Mrs Bucket

according to http://en.m.wikipedi...sical#section_2

#18 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Daniel Roache (from Outnumbered) will play Charlie Bucket and Kimberley Walsh will play Mrs Bucket

according to http://en.m.wikipedi...sical#section_2

Hmmm.  There's no source given for the casting, it's been added by someone with a US IP address, and their previous revision was to suggest that Kimberley Walsh was playing Veruca Salt before changing it to Mrs Bucket.  I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Watch me be proved wrong in a few months' time, no doubt!

#19 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I can't imagine the children being played by known child actors especially as it'll likely to be three sets of five childrens. I imagine they'll try and get a name for Grandpa Joe alongside Douglas Hodge as Wonka

#20 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Cant see Mrs Bucket being much of a role.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users