- - - - -

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Ticket Prices?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have nothing against dwarf actors, I just prefer them in things where their height isn't the reason they were cast plus the film did that, it would be great if Mendes could come up with an inventive way of doing it

#32 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postpaplazaroo, on 27 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I just prefer them in things where their height isn't the reason they were cast plus the film did that,

All actors are cast because of their looks/height/features...Talent has some sway, but everybody who works in the industry knows if you don't look the part you wont get the part!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#33 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Well yes that sadly is true but occasionally it's nice to be suprised with people casting against type, except for Tom Cruise playing the 6ft 4 Jack Reacher. In this case as Oompa Loompas aren't explicitly described as little people it would just be fun to see something innovative to portray them

#34 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I've alway assumed the Oompa Loompas were small because that's what they been portrayed in the book and the two films but I think they could portrayed  differently in the musical, I think they should closer to Quentin Blake's illustration they were a tribe from a far off land.

#35 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yup I'm sure they are supposed to be small and I wouldn't suggest casting tall people. Actually I think Dahl had to change the description in the book as it was originally small tribe members who were payed in cocoa beans and a lot of equal rights campaigners drew comparisons with the slave trade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users