#1 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'm off on my first trip to the Bush Theatre this afternoon, and I'm a little worried about finding it. If someone could post fool-proof directions (from Shepherd's Bush tube station, H&C line), or even just reassurances that it really is easy-peasy to find, I'd be very grateful. smile.gif
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#2 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Weez @ May 6 2009, 10:03 AM) View Post
I'm off on my first trip to the Bush Theatre this afternoon, and I'm a little worried about finding it. If someone could post fool-proof directions (from Shepherd's Bush tube station, H&C line), or even just reassurances that it really is easy-peasy to find, I'd be very grateful. smile.gif

Yes it's easy. Out of the station, turn left and cross the road and continue walking straight down, under the bridge and head towards the Green. Turn right at the junction, go past the Australian bar and the Empire, and there it is - a little entrance just before the pub. In total, about 5 mins, if that. Enjoy the show - seeing one of the double bill? I considered it, but haven't booked. I heard they've reconfigured the Bush since I was last there, but you won't be able to compare if it's your 1st visit.

If you're hanging around for dinner, I recommend the Polish restaurant Patio just over the road, where you can get a hearty 3-course meal for about 16, with a vodka thrown in.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#3 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

It's hard to know what was better; the double-bill, or your directions. The plays were fantastic, your directions were impeccable, and I had a lovely day in Shepherd's Bush. Thank you very much, and you TOTALLY have to book for this! Both parts if possible, although if you can only do one, Resilience just about pips On the Beach in awesomeness. It's a close run thing though. :3

#4 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well, I sincerely hope the plays were better than my directions! Unfortunately I can't make Resilience work for my diary but have booked for Beach. What was the seating configuration?

#5 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

In the round, I guess. Biggish rectangular room, with two rows of benches around most of the four walls. smile.gif

#6 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'm an idiot. I was booked to see Beach last weekend. But I forgot to go! What a pillock.

#7 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

You should see them if you can, Back. They're really very good. I liked On the Beach especially for its slightly mystical atmosphere (amazing that they created a convincing sense of Norfolk marshland and sea and birds in a grey rectangle in Shepherd's Bush), but both are engrossing and beautifully acted. I went slightly reluctantly on a sunny Saturday and was very glad I did.

#8 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:54 AM

Gaah, you're making it worse! I can't go now. Last saturday was the only chance I had - and anyway, it's sold out. I want someone to come in and say it was crap.

As it's been so successful and well received, perhaps it will reappear somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users