#21 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostLittleSally, on 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have booked front row stalls tickets but two of our party are only 5' 2" tall.  The tickets just say "may need to loook up".  Will that be a problem?  Does the Savoy have booster seats?  (They needed them for Betty Blue Eyes at Novello!).

I'm only about 5ft 3" ish, I had no problem, I did have to look up and it is difficult to follow the whole stage but it didn't ruin my experience of the show.  As to your booster seat question, sorry, I can't answer that one.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#22 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Does this show have an official site? i cant find it!

#23 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

That would require Kenwright to spend money.  I think they're relying on it being on the ATG Website (to book tickets)
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#24 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 14 October 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

That would require Kenwright to spend money.  I think they're relying on it being on the ATG Website (to book tickets)
It was a web site or a new striker

#25 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

As with all kenwright shows the shows website is the kenwright website where he has details on all his shows

#26 hayley

hayley

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Saw the show on its pre-west end stop in Nottingham.  Wavering over whether to see again at The Savoy - had heard that they might alter some of the staging for west end that it was felt wasn't suitable for the provinces - anyone seen yet in London who also saw it on the short tour?

#27 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I thought Will Young was brilliant - much to my surprise to be honest.... Michelle Ryan was just bland and the ensemble looked like they really couldnt be bothered most of the time.. but it was worth seeing just for Will

#28 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Saw this last Saturday and enjoyed it. Thought Will Yound and Matt Rawle were very good. Not too impressed by Michelle Ryan.

What really bothered me was that Michelle's mic was turned up really loud when she was singing and you could hear every little breath she made. Found that very distracting.

#29 gl_xoxo

gl_xoxo

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

I saw the show on Friday 5th October and loved it.

Having seen the previous West End run with the amazing Anna Maxwell Martin I worried that I wouldnt enjoy Michelle Ryans Sally but actually I was surprised. She really went to town on her numbers and I thought "Cabaret" was sung with emotion.

I would prefer to see this "darkened" up a bit and it does lack some of the liberation and excesses that came across so well in the prior run. The re-staging of "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" is amazing, incredibly sinister and thought provoking - excellent in fact!

If i have one criticsm its that many audience members appeared to be there for Will Young only and not really interested in the show, its story or other cast members. It became really uncomfortable in places where the fans were whopping and cheering (as if this is the Will Young concert), especially after a really sinister "If You Could See Her" most people are shocked or at the very least a little uneasy at the end of this song, yet the people next to me continued their whooping adoration.

That said I think that Will Young is perfect in the role of Emcee, camp, creepy, fun but strangely sexy......

#30 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Wonder if it'll extend if the rumours of Finding Neverland being delayed are true. The Savoy's not having much luck with securing new shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users