• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 robbie1984

robbie1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone know if they are selling day seats for this show? If so, is it best available?

#32 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I just saw the matinee today very last minute from the upper circle and I absolutely loved it. I was worried after hearing not great things about Michelle but I actually thought she was very good, as we're the rest of the cast. I thought it was an excellent production, with the minimal set it was staged very effectively, especially Mein Herr,  and I loved the choreography. I would very much like to go back and see it from front row.

#33 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Postrobbie1984, on 26 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Does anyone know if they are selling day seats for this show? If so, is it best available?
they arent doing any discounts AT ALL .. I asked at the box office and there are no day seats,student seats,over 60's,best available ... not one single deal for anyone !

#34 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

As upper circles go, the Savoy is one of the better theatres.

#35 NeilH

NeilH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Is it likely that Cabaret will extend beyond 19 Jan 2013? I'm not aware of anything else booked for the Savoy at the moment. Or am I wrong?

#36 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postcat123, on 27 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I would very much like to go back and see it from front row.

if it helps ....ATG sell front row stalls in advance for £35 on their website ..   as its a high stage  they regard them as restricted view ..

#37 gemmanic

gemmanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postlesterf, on 30 October 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

they arent doing any discounts AT ALL .. I asked at the box office and there are no day seats,student seats,over 60's,best available ... not one single deal for anyone !

You can get discounted tickets on the day from TKTS at Leicester Square. We got good stalls seats for £35 yesterday.

#38 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've heard this is touring next year

#39 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I saw the Cabaret at the Lyric Theatre a few years ago. Is it the same staging?

#40 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I was a bit hesitant when I booked this a couple of months ago as I am not really a fan of the film but now I have seen it, Saturday's matinee, I thought it was very good. The staging was excellent.
I am also not a fan of Will Young's music in general but thought he was very good in this and kept everybody in the audience thoroughly entertained. As for Michele I was surprised by her voice in a good way (having read some of the reviews here I was not expecting much), although I do agree that on the acting side she came across as weaker than those that surrounded her.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, especially Will's performance, so am glad I took the plunge and booked the ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users