#51 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostRH1234, on 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Laura Tyrer was on yesterday as Sally, and did a fantastic job! What an understudy should be. Thought the production was very powerful, and excellent, intricate choreography. Catch it before it goes.

Were you at the matinee?  I was there and saw Laura and thought she was amazing. I cannot comment on Michelle Ryan as I have not seen her, but she would have to go some to be better than Laura.  I walked away thinking how fabulous the West End is when you have understudies like Laura.  I thought Will Young was a very very good Emcee and would love to see him do more theatre. His acting was fab.

#52 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Bill I'm short of money knewwright looking to transfer this

#53 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I wonder what theatre? Maybe the Playhouse is Spamalot doesn't extend.

#54 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Merrily is looking to transfer too. Viva will be gone by Easter!!

#55 ap156

ap156

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 26 December 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

I thought Will Young was a very very good Emcee and would love to see him do more theatre. His acting was fab.

We saw this back in November, like you thought Will Young was superb and think he was well cast!

#56 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postap156, on 26 December 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

We saw this back in November, like you thought Will Young was superb and think he was well cast!
He might have been better as Sally

#57 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Will Young off for 3rd day in a row and misses his 5th show this week. Saw the show yesterday, Michelle Ryan has a good voice for the part but as already said her chemistry between cliff and other characters is basically non existent.

Nuno was a very good Emcee a little shaky to start but that was to be expected due to the booing that went on before the performance began. Announcing that Will Young was not on whilst there was various members of staff telling you, signs everywhere and understudy slips all over the place was not needed especially as the audience immediately found it hard to enjoy the show or even like Nuno. He got a deservedly rapturous applause at the end but i felt the whole show rather lacklustre from the principles but the ensemble a joy to watch, especially Matthew Wesley!

Finally RE: the announcement- I and many of the audience were not comforted in knowing Will was "heartbroken" and "devestated" to not be there, one of the most self indulgent understudy announcements i think i have ever heard.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#58 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

He's off tonight too.  You're right about the announcement - it's not a good way to start the show.

#59 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

There were boos after the announcement? How awful for the understudy, it must be hard to win a crowd over in that environment, so it's pleasing to hear he got rapturous applause at the end.

I'm intrigued about the announcement though - does someone read out that Will is heartbroken, or is it some sort of recorded message from him?
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#60 Sullivan

Sullivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I didn't hear any boos after the announcement, just slight disappointment in the form of gasps from some who hadn't realised Will wasn't performing. The announcement was just an announcement, not a recorded message. The audience was appreciative of Nuno from the beginning. I was told by one of the staff that Will is not well at all and they are not sure when he will be back. The whole cast have had some sort of throat infection going round, many of the ensemble as well as Michelle Ryan have been off at various points, so I think he would have been very lucky not to catch whatever it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users