9 replies to this topic

#1 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Opening December 2012 at the Arts Theatre.

David Hunter from Superstar will be starring as Horton. Information from his Facebook page.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, I have read a lot about it. If it's playing the Arts though, I would imagine it won't be a huge production. Won't stop me going though!

#2 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I like some of the cast in this and am thinking of going but I am totally mystified at the performance times !
It is on at 10.30 am every day except mondays with additional 1pm performances on saturdays and sundays ... 10.30 am ???

#3 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I noticed that too lesterf, rather early for anyone travelling into London. Especially with children...

Looks as though A CHRISTMAS CAROL with SIMON CALLOW is running simultaneously,  at more conventional performance times!

It's a good cast & the cast photos that have been released look great, would quite like to see it too.

But I really think they will struggle to fill seats at that time of day - every day!

#4 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5139 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postlesterf, on 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

I like some of the cast in this and am thinking of going but I am totally mystified at the performance times !
It is on at 10.30 am every day except mondays with additional 1pm performances on saturdays and sundays ... 10.30 am ???

Kids get up very early! Anyone in London would be well ready by 10.30am

#5 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm tempted to go and see this mainly because it gives the possibility to see four shows in one day, but slight wary as a 30 something year old bloke on his own might look a bit weird.

#6 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

The Gruffelo often runs in the mornings,  its always strange to see a stream of families coming out a theatre when heading in to the box office to pick up matinee tickets.

Id love to see it but not sure I could cope with all the families early on a weekend morning.

#7 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostLynette, on 31 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Anyone in London would be well ready by 10.30am
Thats the problem .... many theatregoers are outside London and the cheaper fares and London Underground non rush hour fares don't start until 9.30 am.. My 1st cheaper train to get into London is 9.52 so its very touch and go !

#8 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postzyx123, on 31 October 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm tempted to go and see this mainly because it gives the possibility to see four shows in one day, but slight wary as a 30 something year old bloke on his own might look a bit weird.

Maybe we should all band together!

View Postlesterf, on 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Thats the problem .... many theatregoers are outside London and the cheaper fares and London Underground non rush hour fares don't start until 9.30 am.. My 1st cheaper train to get into London is 9.52 so its very touch and go !

This is me too.

#9 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postfreckles, on 31 October 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Maybe we should all band together!

Because that wouldn't look even weirder. We'd probably find ourselves dragged into some sort of enquiry.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#10 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostKristian, on 31 October 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Because that wouldn't look even weirder. We'd probably find ourselves dragged into some sort of enquiry.

Fair point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users