4 replies to this topic

#1 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Thinking about going to see this tonight. Not sure if anybody has caught this yet?
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#2 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

The one person I know who has seen it said it was okay - it's a good production but the revised book still doesn't work.  Personally I doubt if it ever will.  But the score remains a thing of beauty.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#3 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postmallardo, on 10 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

The one person I know who has seen it said it was okay - it's a good production but the revised book still doesn't work.  Personally I doubt if it ever will.  But the score remains a thing of beauty.

I really love the score and never got to see it in London so never witnessed the faults with the book. Thought it would be worth a try, probably the only chance I'm going to get to see it.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#4 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

I agree.  I'm going to try to see it myself.  If you've never been to the Tabard it's very easy to get to.  It's right at the Turnham Green tube stop - literally around the corner.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#5 bertie

bertie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Saw this tonight after having been a big fan of the 2008 Haymarket Production. Thought it worked beautifully in such a small place. Some big changes, and the book still needs a lot of work but the performances and the design are wonderful and I just love that Legrand score. Yvette Robinson is particularly great in the title role. Most definitely worth the trip out to Chiswick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users