#11 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 17 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I could have staked my pet on that without being told.. the dates are always the same for Propeller :)

is ritual slaughter really necessary, Daniel?

#12 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Still no news, but a good scout around the Hampstead Theatre website has come up with a few things:

Di and Viv and Rose will be in the Main House in January

Longing, directed by Nina Raine (not sure if she has written this too) will play the Main House in March (curently unreserved seating, so an unconventional layout).

#13 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Spring Season to be announced tomorrow
We will be announcing our forthcoming spring programme which will run from January - April 2013 following the current hit season. Check your inbox tomorrow for full details.

So says Hampstead Theatre today (Mon).

#14 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

So, Di and Viv and Rose transfers upstairs, plus Longing by William Boyd, based on Chekhov stories directed by Nina Raine

Good cast for Di ... : Anna Maxwell Martin, Gina McKee and Tamzin Outhwaite.

Think I'll be passing on both these
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#15 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Booked Di and Viv and Rose, like the look of Longing but will probably wait a bit until nearer the time to help the credit card!

#16 Whenindisgrace

Whenindisgrace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Do we need Chekhov short stories to be adapted for the stage?  Do we need Henry James' The Turn of the Screw adapted for the stage (Almeida next year), especially as it's a great opera and (apparently) film already?  We certainly don't need an adaptation for the stage of Pride and Prejudice (Open Air Theatre next summer) - the ne plus ultra of pointless adaptions, surely?

OK, once in a blue moon it works (Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Nicholas Nickleby), but is anyone excited by the prospect of P and P on stage?

#17 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostWhenindisgrace, on 30 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Do we need Chekhov short stories to be adapted for the stage?  Do we need Henry James' The Turn of the Screw adapted for the stage (Almeida next year), especially as it's a great opera and (apparently) film already?  We certainly don't need an adaptation for the stage of Pride and Prejudice (Open Air Theatre next summer) - the ne plus ultra of pointless adaptions, surely?

OK, once in a blue moon it works (Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Nicholas Nickleby), but is anyone excited by the prospect of P and P on stage?

Quite excited by the idea of the Chekhov stories. The others..no. Pride and prejudice should be left as that magnificent TV series that cannot possibly be bettered...sorry Keira Knightley.

#18 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostLatecomer, on 30 October 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Quite excited by the idea of the Chekhov stories. The others..no. Pride and prejudice should be left as that magnificent TV series that cannot possibly be bettered...sorry Keira Knightley.

Agreed. Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth are all there is or ever need be!

#19 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

View Postvickster51, on 30 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Agreed. Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth are all there is or ever need be!

Off-topic, but it depends on your age:  Timothy Dalton was the definitive male incumbent for me!

#20 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

View Postfringefan, on 31 October 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Off-topic, but it depends on your age:  Timothy Dalton was the definitive male incumbent for me!

Forgive me, Madam, but I cannot help but feel that you are badly mistaken!  I take no leave of you, I send no compliments to your family *Fluffs up long silk skirt and swoops off, nose in the air, eyes flashing with anger*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users