30 replies to this topic

#1 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

The previous thread seems to have been removed for some reason. But as it's finishing soon and is a long-runner, I thought there should be one on here.
According to his management website, Mark Michael Hutchinson (Eddie 1990-2006) will reprise the role for the final two weeks at the Phoenix. I assume more casting will be announced as some of the current cast leave on the 27th October. Will miss the show. Who would be your ideal cast members?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#2 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

View Posttheatreliker, on 12 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

The previous thread seems to have been removed for some reason. But as it's finishing soon and is a long-runner, I thought there should be one on here.
According to his management website, Mark Michael Hutchinson (Eddie 1990-2006) will reprise the role for the final two weeks at the Phoenix. I assume more casting will be announced as some of the current cast leave on the 27th October. Will miss the show. Who would be your ideal cast members?

Con O'Neil as mickey
Rebecca Storm as Mrs Johnston
Andrew Schofield as the narrator
Sarah Lancashire as Linda
Peter Capaldi as Eddie

#3 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Going to see this for the first time on the tour in Birmingham! Really excited!! Just have a few questions so:

SPOILER WARNING!!!-----------

1) At the end when the twins die, where is the policeman when he shoots the gun? Is he onstage or in the audience, if so which part/aisle ?
2) Are there any other gunshots or loud noises apart from the end in the play?

#4 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

SPOILER

In audience on the right hand side.
Good to be seated on that side toward the front if you want to feel part if the drama

#5 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

SPOILER:
The gunshots are loud and come from the policemen in the aisle as well, right hand side of the auditorium.
The only other loud noises are the two gunshots in the Robbery but they aren't as loud as the ones at the end.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#6 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

SPOILER:

According to GSA Alumni's Twitter Page, Warwick Evans will return to play the narrator for the final two weeks.

#7 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yup, now I'm glad I've got tickets to the final performance. Wonder who else they've cast.

#8 HammerToFall

HammerToFall

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Lyn Paul has been tweeting about rehearsals for the final 2 weeks. Looks like the best Mrs J will be the one rounding it all off.

#9 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the gun advice btw :) so excited to see this now! Someone tell me, have Marti and Nikki had good reviews for their roles? I know Marti's acting was bad in Jekyll and Hyde but as he's the narrator am I right in assuming he doesn't have to "act" as much?

#10 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Glad to hear about Lyn Paul returning to the show although it would've been nice to see Barbara Dickson in the role.
The narrator has a lot of acting and is on stage a lot. I think he's had mixed reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users