30 replies to this topic

#11 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nikki us a wonderful Mrs J, in my view. And the look on her face in the final song is marvelous.
I'm seeing it for the final time on Thursday

#12 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nikki and the current touring cast (apart from Marti) has proved to me how heartbreaking this show can be. A real testament to the show as it finishes in London.

Sean Jones is definetily my favorite Mickey. He has done the role so many times now that he plays the child role perfectly. It was even the first time I heard the audience "aww" at Mickey
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#13 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Just got in from the performance in Birmingham, bearing in mind I haven't seen it before, it was INCREDIBLE! All performances were amazing and on top notch including Marti Pellow's who I didn't have high expectations for based on previous reviews and his performance in Jekyll and Hyde, but his voice is brilliant, accent fine (occasionally going back to Scottish) but prescience really put me on ease as he lurked in the background. Even when he did sing/talk he was fierce at the right times.

One question: Which is the best recording to buy now? :)

#14 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Just thinking - have we actually got a final cast list for the next two weeks in London yet?

#15 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

So was anyone in for cast change/original last night? Was watching from the sound desk (perks of the job), it was very emotional, and great performances all round.

#16 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

According to DigitalSpy, Lyn Paul will return as Mr J
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!

#17 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

News article on the 2 week cast here: http://blog.musicalt...-mark-rice.html

#18 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Was in yesterday. Brilliant performances, especially from Vivienne Carlyle as Mrs. J.. And Philip Stewart's last Mad Man was wonderful to watch - has a smile on my face all the way through it.
www.bloodbrothersthemusical.webs.com has had some of the cast on there I think for a while now.
Lyn Paul, Sean Jones, Warwick Evans, Mark Hutchinson and I think Jan Graveson and Sarah Hay are returning. Warwick Evans was at the back of the stalls last night.
Will miss the show. A lot of fans were in last night.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#19 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Not Sarah Hay

#20 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ahh ok, not sure then. We'll be seeing it twice before it closes.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users