• Please log in to reply
659 replies to this topic

#611 TheBarricade

TheBarricade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

Pharoah's number 2: Are you selling the ticket or giving it away?

#612 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Selling- sorry!

#613 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

https://ph.news.yaho...-095935269.html
According to this article, Rachelle Ann Go will be covering Ellen as well as playing Gigi
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#614 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

i think whoever plays gigi often understudies ellen? it was like that on the last tour because I ended up seeing the gigi go on for ellen as Kerry Ellis wasnt actually in Sunderland. i thought she was great but i would have preferred to see  Kerry as her and miriam valmores who was playing kim look so different obviously

#615 SuperSecretBoyband

SuperSecretBoyband

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

I think it happens a lot, the principle Gigi in the most recent Dutch production understudied Ellen (and Kim, so she would have had a hell of a job) and in this programme scan from the 2nd leg of the UK tour http://s206.photobuc...og_004.jpg.html the 1st cover Ellen is principal Gigi and 2nd cover is also 2nd cover Gigi. I think Rachelle's 2nd cover Ellen because there's a white actress (Carolyn Maitland) in the ensemble who's understudying Ellen too.
Seen:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (UK tour, Wolverhampton), RENT 20th Anniversary Concert (Stoke-on-Trent), Evita (UK tour, Wolverhampton), Wicked (London), The Commitments (London), Les Miserables (London), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (UK tour, Birmingham)

#616 Music Man

Music Man

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Nit sure if this has been asked before but is the legendary helicopter making an appearance and if not not what replaces it?  Thanks in advance.

#617 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Isn't it pretty certain that it will be mainly projections used?

#618 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

If this is the same production that toured the UK last time then it will be the awful projection that they used, unless they've spruced it up since then.

Anyway I was passing the Prince Edward a few weeks ago and they had the bay doors open. You could see the stage which looks tiny, with no wing space at all. There's no way they can put the body of a helicopter in the fly tower.
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#619 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

I don't know about the helicopter exactly, but I have heard that the production is being heavily revamped from the tour version, so I wouldn't presume anything till we get to that first preview, or even press night as I could see a repeat of Charlie's/I Can't Sing's trouble with set pieces not coming together as planned.

#620 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

No production has ever used an actual helicopter. And the Prince Edward stage is one of London's largest FYI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users