612 replies to this topic

#21 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Really? Why is it being sold as a strictly limited run?

#22 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

A contract for the year (if true) and it lasting a year are two different things

#23 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostTitan, on 15 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

A contract for the year (if true) and it lasting a year are two different things
The producers have guaranteed the theatre for a year

#24 MusicalBoy

MusicalBoy

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

But producers can't guarantee that A Chorus Line will attract audiences for a year!

Besides, a Summer tryout in Chichester coincides rather nicely with a transfer to the west end, it would be much slicker than Sweeney's, in fact!

#25 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostMusicalBoy, on 15 October 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

But producers can't guarantee that A Chorus Line will attract audiences for a year!

Besides, a Summer tryout in Chichester coincides rather nicely with a transfer to the west end, it would be much slicker than Sweeney's, in fact!
Of course they can't guarrantee audiences but they do have the theatre for a year, so making any other show booking there during that time at this time is not possible
I think Chichester are more concentrating on where to open Gypsy directly in the West End next year

#26 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Barnum doesn't have to transfer straight away, Singin' in the Rain and Sweeney Todd didn't transfer until a few months after they finished their runs at Chichester.

#27 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostJon, on 16 October 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Barnum doesn't have to transfer straight away, Singin' in the Rain and Sweeney Todd didn't transfer until a few months after they finished their runs at Chichester.
You are absolutely right

#28 webdesign24

webdesign24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Will they get again Lea Salonga or Monique Wilson to play the role of Kim? Both are good theater performer

#29 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

View Postwebdesign24, on 16 October 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Will they get again Lea Salonga or Monique Wilson to play the role of Kim? Both are good theater performer

Welcome to the board. Kim is supposedly 17, so I'm thinking they are very unlikely.Though the US has people in their 30s playing teens, so who knows what might happen.

#30 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

I thought I had heard (although it is totally possible that I fabricated this myself in some crazy musical-theatre based dream) that they were going to the Philippines to audition people there!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users