656 replies to this topic

#271 jean_hunt

jean_hunt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sorry - to me, Madalena Alberto has a voice that could cut through metal. Then again, I don't know Miss Saigon at all. If that's what's needed for Ellen, she may well be ideal for the role. ;-)

#272 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 27 June 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Bit old. I thought Ellen would be 22-25ish?  Isn't Sierra in her 30s?
In the original London production, actresses playing Ellen were always older and more established performers. Look at Claire Moore eg.! I do think that Louise Dearman would be a perfect Ellen and it would be timed well after finishing her current contract in Nov.

#273 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube....z0#action=share

#274 marky_198

marky_198

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Rachelle Ann Go and the other girls don't have the innocence and youthful quality that a Kim needs.
They look like Gigi's. Also, Rachelle Ann Go sings like she doesn't know what the lyrics are about, an issue that many pop singers have. If they are aiming for a Chris that is 19-23 years old, they should definitely not have a Kim that's 26+.

Here are my 2 picks for Kim and Ellen:

This unknown 16 year old girl from the Philippines:

Lea Salonga and Monique Wilson were just kids when they started, take a look at this rare clip:

#275 marky_198

marky_198

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

For Ellen they need an exteremely good singer that can do the song "Maybe" justice. I'm talking about Stephanie J.Block quality in a younger person:

#276 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

I like the new version of the artwork

http://www.miss-saigon.com/

#277 Loopyjohn

Loopyjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

It looks like a mash up of the original stuff Dewynters did and a shot from "Apocalypse Now".  That was probably the intention.  I wonder how much creatives charge for this stuff?  I'm clearly in the wrong job....

#278 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's a shame they couldn't create a new image. Same with Oliver.. Just seems lazy.

#279 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

not really, makes perfect sense. its an iconic logo, and they have worked new artwork around it. i really like the rich depth it adds, has an almost feel of a painting. the added depth looks great on the website

#280 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 29 June 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

It's a shame they couldn't create a new image. Same with Oliver.. Just seems lazy.

The Oliver logo is brilliant! (Assuming you're talking about the Fagin logo). Besides these are iconic shows so its great that they don't change them hugely. I can't really imagine Les Mis without the Cossette illustration or Phantom without the mask, so the same can be said about Miss Saigon and the sun/helicopter/face

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users