#281 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 29 June 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

It's a shame they couldn't create a new image. Same with Oliver.. Just seems lazy.
I don't know why anyone would create a new logo - it's iconic, and part of the show.  Nothing to do with laziness, much more to do with good business sense and history!

#282 marky_198

marky_198

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

This logo is part of the iconic feel and success of the show.  I'm glad they kept it.

#283 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm crossing my fingers for David Bedella as The Engineer.

#284 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think if they truly want it to be fresh and relevant to a new audience... They should totally re design the old l

#285 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Logos... But seeing as both this and Oliver are them making an easy buck I'm not surprised.

I do think the Saigon logo has aged much better than the Oliver one saying that.

#286 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

If it aint broke dont fix it, especially when its your brand. Theyd be stupid to change something so iconic as it could damage the branding, not good business sense. Especially if they cant come up with anything better. id say the logos themselves are timeless, its the artwork as a whole that dates. The original Miss Saigon poster in solid block colour looks so dated now which is why i really like the new warmer and deeper background. The same with Lea Mis moving on from the grey background. And Phantom, no matter what they do with the artwork the mask stays. Camerons/Dewyntera branding of musicals is genius

#287 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Don't know a lot about Miss Saigon as I was a bit young last time it was in the West End but have been looking into it to see what it's all about and I'm really excited to see it- sounds just up my street!

I love the soundtrack clips I've heard! Can I add another name to the mix for Chris- Mark Evans. From the clips I've heard I think he'd be brilliant!

#288 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Was this not the same artwork they used for the tour too? The apocalypse now look I mean..

#289 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

no the tour used a chris and kim photo sort of inside the logo. personally i thought it looked cheap

#290 sohopad

sohopad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

I don't think you could get anyone able to give this song better justice  than Gareth Gates. Think he would be perfect for the part.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users