They are also using tour images for the website

#362 Loopyjohn

Loopyjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Sir Cameron looks to be topping up his pension fund with this one.  A large swathe of the Grand Circle priced at £47.  Even cheapest seats are £29.50.

Listening to the OLC again.  One of my favourites.  I'm not sure if these lyrics are inspired, clunky, in poor taste, or all 3:

(from "Let Me See His Western Nose")
With these two little diamonds to bait
My hooks
I'll book us a cruise - "Boat-people"
Deluxe
Don't worry 'bout the sharks out in the
Mekong bay
The pirates taking us are more scary any
day

#363 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

I registered for priority booking but didn't receive an e-mail. :angry:

So thanks for the link, guys.

Just booked and am happy!
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#364 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Some of the lyrics in Miss Saigon are funny

#365 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 03 September 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Did you phone the BO for a logges? Ive never been able to figure out how to book them online as they dont come up on the seating plan.

As opposed to clicking on the images of the different areas, use the drop-down box where it says Block and the option for 'Boxes & Loges' should be there

#366 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postthatgirlsophie, on 03 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

As opposed to clicking on the images of the different areas, use the drop-down box where it says Block and the option for 'Boxes & Loges' should be there

Damn why didnt I think of that? May have to book another ticket for later in the run

#367 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

So apparently there are still casting notices being sent out looking for both Kim and The Engineer, according to BroadwayWorld. Further auditions will be held end of September/beginning of October. I guess that implies that Chris and other roles have been cast - but there are no mentions of who they might be. Rehearsals don't start until March 10th, 2014 according to the article so they're not short on time!

Full article can be found here: http://www.broadwayw...in-NYC-20130904
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#368 mrkringas

mrkringas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

If some of the names in the mix for The Engineer turn out to be true then no way Cameron would get to transfer them to Broadway without AEA having a historical battle recreation!

And I don't just mean that jokey westendproducer tweet.

#369 wimpie3

wimpie3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I have seen both the original version in London and the latest version directed by Laurence Connor in Utrecht (Holland) last year (the show played there for over 6 months).

The set is very "realistic" - more compact, but darker, with small crowded houses and streets. You can almost "feel" how poor the people are. It is difficult to explain, but I was *very* impressed with this production. Although I love the original one, I actually prefer the new version!

Sets still roll on and off stage, the Cadillac is still there, in fact, the only thing that is missing are the "curtains" at the sides of the stage and the "real" chopper.  

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were projected cartoons on the background during American Dream.

The chopper is a projection, but  the effect is really cool. The surround sound of the blades was so loud I almost bounced out of my seat. Definately still a showstopper!

For those who want to see what it looks like:

Posted Image

#370 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

These are the photos that are on delfonts site so im guessing thats the show thats london is getting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users